Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: reverse is faster?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2011, 04:10 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default reverse is faster?

Ok heres my set up axial axles,lcc transmission,cc sidewinder esc,cc bec,and tq3 radio. Ever since i switched from lcc axles to axial axles i have noticed that reverse is faster. I have flipped motor wires,flipped tranny, and tried to reverse to channel for the esc with no positive results. So my question is what could be making my rig faster in reverse?
EMUTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2011, 05:03 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

You likely have some motor timing, it was advanced for forward on the old axles but is advanced for reversed for reverse on the new axles. I believe the LCC's require a reversed motor rotation.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 09:00 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie-III View Post
You likely have some motor timing, it was advanced for forward on the old axles but is advanced for reversed for reverse on the new axles. I believe the LCC's require a reversed motor rotation.
Yes sir you are correct about lcc backwards rotation when i put the axials under my chassis forward was reverse and reverse was forward. So is there anyway to change the timing to the to advanced for forward like it is? My esc is set to normal timing. Thanks
Old 08-12-2011, 09:11 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

Default reversing

Couldnt you just reverse it threw the radio .reverse the throttle channel.should make reverse forward and forward reverse .
cjjeepman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 09:38 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjjeepman View Post
Couldnt you just reverse it threw the radio .reverse the throttle channel.should make reverse forward and forward reverse .
I did this and it did reverse the controls "so pull trigger reverse push trigger forward" switched wires around and same problem. Fixing to reprogram esc and use end bell on motor to adjust timing maybe i can get something to work out
Old 08-12-2011, 09:47 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

What kind of motor are you running?
Also, I believe the esc lights should go solid when full throttle in forward and reverse, are they?
skid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 10:06 AM   #7
RCC Addict

Now I could be wrong here but I think if you take take off the end bell and flip it, It would be the opposite direction. So unscrew the 2 screws on the end bell and turn it 180 dagrees and screw it back down and it should be reversed Not 100% sure so hopefully someone chimes in to correct me if i'm wrong.
JRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 10:17 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRock View Post
Now I could be wrong here but I think if you take take off the end bell and flip it, It would be the opposite direction. So unscrew the 2 screws on the end bell and turn it 180 dagrees and screw it back down and it should be reversed Not 100% sure so hopefully someone chimes in to correct me if i'm wrong.
It will reverse the motor direction, yes. But if the timings advanced and you flip exactly 180 degress, it will still go faster the wrong way.

If it is a timing issue, say your at +15 degrees. Rotate to 0 and then to -15 degrees.
skid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 10:30 AM   #9
Rock Crawler

Thanks to you all,I rotated about 15 degrees both ways to figure out the timing"couldnt find timing marks on the integy" found what i believe to be 0 degrees and stuck with that.test drove it and threw the back shaft out so its good for now intil i get a shaft lol. Thanks again everyone
Old 08-12-2011, 10:42 AM   #10
Pebble Pounder

re-do the programming to your esc and make sure the forward and reverse epa are at max before you programm it.

Jorge
teamvaladezhobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 11:30 AM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Zero degrees on the can will usually be between the two screw holes on the bottom, which will also be the middle of the game between the magnets. On the endbell, wherever the screw is on each side is zero.....line the screw up between the mounting screw holes on the bottom and yer good to go for zero. There should be a | in the can for zero, sometimes with a 0 on it.

Later EddieO

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMUTT View Post
Thanks to you all,I rotated about 15 degrees both ways to figure out the timing"couldnt find timing marks on the integy" found what i believe to be 0 degrees and stuck with that.test drove it and threw the back shaft out so its good for now intil i get a shaft lol. Thanks again everyone
EddieO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 08:28 AM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjjeepman View Post
Yes, but it can't change the "motor timing" issue. Only which way the motor spins when you move the throttle lever.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote