Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Looking for a... slow... servo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2011, 09:42 PM   #1
EJS

Default Looking for a... slow... servo.

Hi,

I'm just getting back into the hobby after a long layoff. I used to race 1/10 scale dirt buggies back in the 80s and 90s and I just bought my first crawler... a Redcat RS10.

As everyone seems to predict, the OEM rear servo died quickly, so I threw in an ancient Futaba FP-S148 I had laying around just to keep her rolling. Obviously, it's not strong enough and it's also really slow. Now it's starting to die from the stress that it's not made for.

Surprisingly, though, I like the fact that the rear steer is a little slower than the front. To me, it seems to make the buggy a little less twitchy on obstacles. Rear steer on full sized buggies is often slow, too, and I think I now understand why.

Anyway, I need a new rear servo that has enough power (and has steel gears, ideally), but I'd like one that maintains the slower-than-front config. Anyone have any ideas for a slow (ish), relatively strong servo that might work? I'd rather not spend a fortune, but I'll throw a few bucks at something that will live longer than two weeks.

Thanks!

S

Last edited by EJS; 08-14-2011 at 09:47 PM.
EJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-2011, 09:49 PM   #2
Got Worms?

Many digital Hitec servos can be programmed to run slower...

also, it's not quite what your looking for, but a Hacked Flysky GT3B can control servo speed, so you can slow it down if you want
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote