Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: can it handle it?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2011, 06:01 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default can it handle it?

I have a fxr sitting here in its box. Will it handle runnig 2 35turn. has anyone tried it? searched couldnt find a thread, thanks I do have 2 of them if I need a second.
buggynutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-2011, 02:53 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Wow FX-R ...... 2s and 35 turn.......... Thats a ballsy set up there. Never been done. You should try it and post up youtube video for it showing us it actually works. If my math is correct that would generate 1.21 gigawatts into your flux-capacitor resulting in time travel if you were moving at (lets say) approximately 88 mph. Hey you dont happen to be Marty Mc Fly??

*SEARCH*

Perfectly fine set up..... been done a million times over and is talked about in a few posts up and below
JokersWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 04:00 AM   #3
Proverbial threadkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggynutt View Post
Will it handle runnig 2 35turn.
(your) Question's a bit unclear.

Did you mean "will this thing handle running two 35 turn motors simultaneously?" (Also makes a little bit of difference if you're going to run two motors in series or parallel.)

Or did you in fact mean "Can I run a 2S with a 35 turn motor on this ESC?"
Trubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 08:37 AM   #4
RCC Addict

I did in fact want to run 2 35turn motors on one tranny so I could turn the 40 series tires on my super shafty. I posted because all my searchs come up with moa set ups. I want to know if the fxr can handle 2 motors and what is the best way to wire them. I do have 2 fxr's but would choose to just run one if its not to risky. If some one could link a setup they have used that would be great.

thanks
buggynutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 09:52 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Running qty-2 35T motors on a single FXR may be just a bit too much, regardless of the cell count feeding power.
I don't think it really makes a difference if they are wired series (ESC red to one motor, motor black of that motor to red of next motor, 2nd motor black to ESC black) or parallel (ESC red to both motor reds, ESC black to both motor black).

Using dual 45-55T brushed motors are better for the ESC.

But, others may have done dual 35T's on a single FXR, so I would let them post back.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 10:31 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

i ran 1 fxr with 2 brood 30t's in my moa for a bit when my mamba max was being used for brushless. it obviouslyran warmer than if i were to run one motor, but as long as i watched my temps i was fine for a good 20-25mins at a time. if you were to run 2 cheapy 35t's on a single trans it wouldnt work it to hard but not sure how much the 35t's will like 40series tires unless you are geared fairly low. to be safe the first several packs monitor the temps closely to see if it will work.
benoj is offline   Reply With Quote