Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: 3racing winch controller issues

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2011, 08:46 PM   #1
Nobody

Default 3racing winch controller issues

Can someone explain how these things work? I have two, and either they're both broken, or Im a dumbass. Likely both.

The most either will do is spool the winch one direction for a few seconds, and that's after playing with the button for a while. It's not consistent. Plugged into the rx, it doesn't do anything trying to operate it off a three Pos switch. Is the button just a backup to use if you don't have an extra channel to run it?

Is the winch supposed to be able to be powered off the rx plug, or do the power wires need to be tied directly into a power source?

Thanks
Cordwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-2011, 11:28 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

the winch needs it's own power, i y-harnessed off my battery.

my lhs tech told me to resolder all the wires connected to the board and reshrink wrapping, i reccomend doing this, mine needed it.

i can't remember if my tx 3rd channel overrides the button on the board, but both worked the winch seperately.

mine worked okay, just wanted more speed so i picked up a "no drift" servo winch my tech makes and it's bullet proof.

hope this helps
sumquak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 06:35 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

As far as the controller only making the winch wind in one direction, that might be an end point adjustment problem. Maybe make sure the end point adjustments on your third channel are turned up to 100% or even to their max setting and see if you can get the winch to go into all three modes (Wind out, Stop and Wind in).

Good luck.

Thanks for the PM about my Three Position Channel Winch Controller. Try adjusting your transmitter first though, maybe you can get the stock controller running. Otherwise, I'm happy to supply a replacement controller!
heyok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 08:18 AM   #4
Nobody

I did have a couple wires come off that I had to resolder. I'll probably mess with them a little more but I think they're junk. Classifieds specials. They don't operate at all from the Rx, only from the button, and it takes many button pushes to get anything.

Doesn't matter, heyok controllers are on the way, and I know those work.
Cordwood is offline   Reply With Quote