I've found a place that will do headlight/work lights

I'm looking to add flashing yellow beacons/lightbar and caution
lights with the head/tail lights

any advice would be appreciated
nvradtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-2011, 07:34 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Our resident light controller expert is Heyok, im sure he could put a set of controllers together to do what you want to do. You can check out his stuff here: HeyOK's RC Electronics items (all in one place)

There is a "911 strobe controller" made by RC Lights as well but it is quite expensive. HeyOK's RC Electronics items (all in one place) its $80 for just the controller or $110 with some lights although the lights are blue and red not yellow like you want.

Either way it will be cheaper to put together your own light strings, just buy some led's some wire and use an online calculator to figure out what resistor you will need to put on each light. Its actually really simple.
SMR 510RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 07:39 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

this place has some of the best lightbars I have seen yet
http://www.rcpolicelightbars.com/WebStore.html

and since he did the lights on this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8b7w...layer_embedded

i'm sure contacting him/her would get you what you want for a lightbar, they are pricey tho
dblrnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 07:55 PM   #4
Got Worms?

I do some custom lighting stuff. No custom led controllers though...
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 07:09 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMR 510RR View Post
Our resident light controller expert is Heyok, im sure he could put a set of controllers together to do what you want to do. You can check out his stuff here: HeyOK's RC Electronics items (all in one place)

There is a "911 strobe controller" made by RC Lights as well but it is quite expensive. HeyOK's RC Electronics items (all in one place) its $80 for just the controller or $110 with some lights although the lights are blue and red not yellow like you want.

Either way it will be cheaper to put together your own light strings, just buy some led's some wire and use an online calculator to figure out what resistor you will need to put on each light. Its actually really simple.
Thanks for mentioning me!

Here is something I made for someone a while back. I haven't posted it as available before, but I'm happy to make it if there is a demand.

This is the video of it in action:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cp1ulGROPw

I have changed the firmware slightly since I have made the video.

What we have is a LED controller with two channels of "LED Output". This is meant to be just plugged into receiver power, in which case it will give you either alternating flashing (left, right, repeat) or if you install a jumper, you get tripple flash (three flashes on the left, then three flashes on the right, repeat).

If you plug it into a two position channel, you get Off or one of the two above mentioned flash modes (depending if the jumper is installed).

If you plug it into a three position channel, you get Off, Alternating Flashing or Triple Flashing.

You can drive up to twenty LEDs per channel of output depending on the current draw of the LEDs. The outputs would be pins that you could solder to or connect servo plugs to your LEDs.

Let me know if this is something you guys would like and I can make them up.
heyok is offline   Reply With Quote