Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Running 2 different servos-Help!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2006, 05:15 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Question Running 2 different servos-Help!!

I just recently bought a new servo for my clod. I was running 2 hitec 625mg's, then I bought a hitech 645mg for the front axle. Still running the 625 on the rear, but ever since the whole truck will 'freeze' on me for almost no apparent reason-no steering, no motor, no nothing! Even the led on my super chicken turns off. After a couple shakes of the rig it will come back to life. I've checked all the wires and everything looks good, no visible shorts or anything. I've read where people are running 2 different servos so I don't think it's because of simply that. What do the experts think...bad servo? fried esc?
Nicklepimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-2006, 05:21 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

sounds like you have a bec problem. what batteries you running?
Crawlsalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 05:32 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawlsalot
sounds like you have a bec problem. what batteries you running?
6 cells of Intellect 3800's
Old 05-18-2006, 05:57 PM   #4
K_B
I wanna be Dave

Yup. Sound like your BEC. Either plug in a receiver pack and see if the mysterious shutdowns go away or try running with just the 645 hooked up. That'll tell you if you're BEC is overloaded. It seems that the SR should be able to handle both servos though...

I'd be more help if I could concentrate... can't stop staring at that avatar....
K_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 05:17 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Ok, so I tried the receiver pack(4 AA batteries) and that didn't do anything-still same 'ol. But then I unplugged the rear servo and the thing ran like a champ. But now since this is a Clod it turns like crap with just front steering, so what do I need to do to get 2 servos to run at the same time? Do I need 2 of the 645's or do I need to go back to the 625's? Do I need a different esc with a higher BEC?
Old 05-19-2006, 06:14 PM   #6
K_B
I wanna be Dave

I've never run dual servos (I run 2.2 shafties) so most of what I know is from what I've read. But the next step I would try is a different ESC. In theory, the receiver pack should have helped. Hooking up another 645 won't do anything. It's bigger than the 625 and will draw even more juice.

This is a common problem. Keep searching the site. I know there's something I'm missing that somone else has touched on...
K_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 07:26 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

When you tried the 4 AA were they 1.5v alkaline or 1.2v rechargeables? If they were the 1.2v ones they may not have provided enough juice to make the servo turn those big tires. you need a 6v rx pack or equivalent BEC to turn those monsters. I have used the SR's BEC to turn a Hitec 645mg and a JR equivalent servo on my race Mod Clod. That truck had dual 17T Ambers and was on carpet (lots of grip).

Also check the insulation on your servo wires. And check if they are crimped. The final thing you might want to try is a different battery pack. I have had it happen were a solder joint on one of the bars comes loose and the pack just randomly causes the truck to stop working. Then the slightest move causes the joint to make contact again and away it goes. I know the last one is a long shot but it happened to me.
tkruger is offline   Reply With Quote