Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Losi Mini Crawler Pro Help Please

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2011, 09:49 PM   #1

Smile Losi Mini Crawler Pro Help Please

Hi guys I'm kinda new to crawling but my first crawler is the losi mini crawler pro and im having a fair bit of battery confusion...i don't realy have money for a new esc so i took the Tamiya TEU101BK esc off my tamiya tt01 for the crawler. Now here is the problem i don't really know if the esc can handle a 7.4v 2 cell 900mah MYSTERY lipo? or a losi mini crawler lipo battery? or should i stick to using a 5 cell mini hump REEDY 1600mah battery?if neither of those batteries are good do you guys have any reccomendations for what i need to run the TEU101BK esc on my mini crawler?psi use the stock losi 1:18 scale crawler motor.
Jeffreyisrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-2011, 12:40 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Should work ok judging by this thread:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/radio-el...teu-101bk.html

Google is your friend I searched for "TEU101BK lipo" and that was the first result. It doesnt have a lipo cutoff so I suggest getting a buzzer at least so you will know when to stop running your battery, you can find them for cheap on ebay all the time just search for "lipo alarm".

Also dont waste your money on Losi Lipos, they are way overpriced. Get yourself a decent Lipo charger with built in balancing if you dont already have one and buy some cheap lipos.
SMR 510RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 05:13 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMR 510RR View Post
Should work ok judging by this thread:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/radio-el...teu-101bk.html

Google is your friend I searched for "TEU101BK lipo" and that was the first result. It doesnt have a lipo cutoff so I suggest getting a buzzer at least so you will know when to stop running your battery, you can find them for cheap on ebay all the time just search for "lipo alarm".

Also dont waste your money on Losi Lipos, they are way overpriced. Get yourself a decent Lipo charger with built in balancing if you dont already have one and buy some cheap lipos.
Are you sre that willl work because on that other forum some say it will work and others say that standard tamiya connectors can't run lipos so you have to change it to deams gold plated connectors si im not sure who to believe. anyother suggestions from anyone else?
Jeffreyisrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 05:20 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I'd run Deans high current connectors. Many lipos come with them already installed. Just have to put a male end on your ESC and charger and be done.
SC Convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 07:32 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffreyisrich View Post
Are you sre that willl work because on that other forum some say it will work and others say that standard tamiya connectors can't run lipos so you have to change it to deams gold plated connectors si im not sure who to believe. anyother suggestions from anyone else?
Any connector can run on any battery, some may just not pass on all the power. Tamiya connectors are OK for a cheap fun rig, but will give you grief down the road.

Deans connectors are the most widely used in electric RC.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 10:56 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

I wouldnt use tamiya connectors on a AAA battery, that has nothing to do with how much Input Voltage a ESC can handle. Break out a soldering iron and the connectors of your choice and get to work.
SMR 510RR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, esc, help noob, losi, tamiya