Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: SCX10 RTR servo specs?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2011, 09:52 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default SCX10 RTR servo specs?

Have been doing some searching and cannot find the exact specifications for the included servo.

Some posts say it is a rebranded Futaba servo @ 100oz and others around 80oz.

I assume it will be a cheapish plastic geared servo in any case but has anyone ever stripped one down? Does it have a bearinged or bushed output?

Will it hold up to aluminium steering links or are the plastic noodle links it's saving grace?

mr lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-2011, 10:06 AM   #2
RCC Addict

save the headache and upgrade to a better servo, there not that great and will strip out
crawlhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 11:01 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawlhog View Post
Save the headache and upgrade to a better servo, they're not that great and will strip out
+1. If it's working now, run it until it dies. Start figuring out what you may want to replace it with when the stock servo dies.
In general, you are likely looking for 200"oz and up for a servo output. Metal gears tend to last longer.

If you comp, you may want to look at more like high 200"oz + up.

Last edited by Charlie-III; 09-05-2011 at 11:07 AM. Reason: Fix typo
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 12:23 PM   #4
Proverbial threadkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr lee View Post
Have been doing some searching and cannot find the exact specifications for the included servo. Some posts say it is a rebranded Futaba servo @ 100oz and others around 80oz. Does it have a bearinged or bushed output?
I went looking for the same info, also came up empty. Found this thread, take it for what it is. I've got the AS-2 in my RTC, and the output shaft is metal, but with the way that shaft wobbles, I am rather suspicious of it having ball bearings. My problem is that all my 'spare' servos are rather wimpy 3003's and S-148's, so if I botch the reassembly, I'm stuck with a serious servo downgrade. Since the AS-2 is working fine, I'm just not in a mood to tear it apart just yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr lee View Post
Will it hold up to aluminium steering links or are the plastic noodle links it's saving grace?
I ditched the servo saver, went to a straight arm on the servo, and have the aluminum steering links, mine's working fine. I can't say I'm easy on it, because I still get those front tires wedged in bad enough to overheat the AE-1's internal BEC quite frequently, but I must admit, my truck doesn't see a ton of runtime either. I just decided I'd take the gamble and if the stock servo does 'give up the ghost', then I'll just sell off a Slash (or two) and pick up an upgraded servo and BEC.

Last edited by Trubble; 09-05-2011 at 12:58 PM. Reason: Apparently needed an 8th proofreading, I guess.
Trubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 03:25 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Thanks all

May be leaning towards the RTR honcho now as funds are not there to get the kit with all the other bits and pieces right now.

Good to know it is similar to the 3010 as I have one of those and they are the same as the 3050, except that the 3050 is the digital metal geared version of the 3010.

When the funds come in I will definitely have the 5645 on my list
Old 09-06-2011, 06:14 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Hmmm.......maybe next time let us know you're "looking" at a rig and want info......I, and likely others, assumed you "owned" the rig and wanted info.

Either way, hope you find something you're happy with.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 06:25 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

I like my Airtronics 94851. 206oz torque and enough speed for a crawler (forget exactly), metal gears and only $43. Runs my Honcho with 6oz of wiegt in each front tire very well.
federally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 06:44 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie-III View Post
Hmmm.......maybe next time let us know you're "looking" at a rig and want info......I, and likely others, assumed you "owned" the rig and wanted info.

Either way, hope you find something you're happy with.

Thanks Charlie, but I don't see how this info should effect the answers otherwise I would have mentioned it