Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Decided to put an Epic 55T to the test

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2011, 04:40 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Decided to put an Epic 55T to the test

I should get my new Crawlmaster next week so I decided to put my Epic motor to an endurance test to see what it could handle.

I've fried a few cheaper motors while waiting for my HH, so I bought this Epic 55T to get me through. On 2S this thing is so slow it was driving me nuts, yeah I know, 55T is supposed to be slow. I decided to throw a 4S in this thing and see what would happen.

I ran a combo of heavy crawl, binding the wheels quite a bit, and stomping around the woods. I spent about 15 minutes running over downed trees, real heavy underbrush that wrapped itself around the wheels on a regular basis and then breaking out into the open I ran a lot of full throttle around the trees and all over the property.

All in all I ran 20 to 25 minutes of pretty hard running...when I got back to the shop I could smell the motor, so I checked the temp...215 on the positive side and 192 on the negative side, measured at the brush...I guess I ran it just a little too hard...

But, for collecting data, I'm willing to sacrifice...
boulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-2011, 08:17 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Yep, that's getting "just a bit warm".....
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 09:03 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

Just a bit...going to take it on the rocks to see if it did any permenant damage. I am learning a few things about car and truck motors. Even though I fly a lot of electric planes, they don't take the abuse that these motors take...it's a lot easier to keep a motor cool in an airplane with baffling and such, not so much here...
boulder is offline   Reply With Quote