Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Dx5e Or Dx6i

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2011, 06:57 PM   #1

Default Dx5e Or Dx6i

I Have A Clod axle on my chassie this is my first crawler and i want to be able to have dig and 4ws That In Able To Crabwalk With So What Radio Would Be Better for what i want also might add more mod into the crawler later...
ridgeranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2011, 07:20 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Sounds like a minimum of a 4 channel radio.......
1-Steering
2-Throttle (for a single ESC)
3-Dig
4-Rear steer

Depending on the amount of control you want sorta determines if the radio is a "full 4 channel" or a "3.5 channel" radio. The second option has limits on what you can do.

I would suggest a Futaba 4PL, but LosiKid does a nice looking (I never used one) GTB hack system for VERY little money.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 07:45 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

I went with the dx8 because it has more 3 position switches and I can use the extra channels for winches, lights, 4ws, dig and who knows what else. It's not a cheap radio but I hope I won't need to buy another one any time soon.
Moparguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 08:01 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

I got a dx5e from the start, used it for rear steer straight away. Currently have it set up for front steer only; did a quick n easy modd to limit the stick movement. 2 bits of aluminium cut in squares to fit in the confines of the circle the sticks move in, with slots cut in the centre of the square for stick travel. So know the sticks only move in 2 directions; up/down +left/right. A bit backyard DIY, but it works.
Currently I have my rig on front steer only with DIG. Toyed around with trying a 3pos switch, but ended up using one of the POTs available in the radio. I took the POT controlling the forward/backward on the right stick, drilled a hole on to the left of the bind switch, banged the POT thru that then added a knob to control my DIG. Being 5 channel, I can still go rear steer be taking out the alu square around the left stick.

Gotta qualify all this by saying this is all for a shafty; no dual motors on MOA requiring any mixing that a higher end radio will give.
slowlearner is offline   Reply With Quote