Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: after all this battin back and forth

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2011, 10:49 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default after all this battin back and forth

I'm gonna go buy another scx10. I'm going to go with the dingo bodied scx due to all the good bodies are in the 11" wheelbase IMO and I have alum links in 91mm. The truck will see water and snow(basicaly water lol) so I'm not sure if I wanna use my fx-r, mmp or go get the br-xl waterproof esc combo with the sportsman motor 35t. I hear nothing but amazing things about HH products and they seem to have great customer service. So good in fact on my other post he didn't even recommend his product but seen what I was doing (lots of mud and water) (and my lack of electric motor skills) he suggests go with some cheap cans. to me that's looking out for the best intrest in a fellow hobbiest .
I do have a 2240 transmitter so ill go with another traxxas reciever so I only need 1 remote for all my trucks. I'm going to upgrade the servo to a hitec 645mg. Not tons of torque but a great servo and the best for the money.
muddinscx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-2011, 05:19 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Holmes is a no BS guy. If there is a better idea or something better for the need at hand, he will say it. He does not have the My stuff is the only thing that works attitude so many have. His Products are top notch. I would after running one of his BRXL's, never now buy anything else for a speed control for a crawler/scaler. But like he has mentioned, mud is very hard and wearing on motors. So if you will be doing that, a cheap but rebuildable motor is best. Just make sure it is a motor you can replace brushes or get the comm out so it can be trued up every now and then. If that is something you do not want to do, then go ultra cheap 27turn or so. Just water/snow is not to bad, but most streams or muddy runs get silt in the motor which really wears down the brushes and comm fast.
Rook82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 07:10 PM   #3

Default cheap cans

Hey buddy. Idk if your still looking but if you want cheap thrashing motors that are of a decent build quality check out the motor section of RC4WD TheY HAVE MOTORS FROM 20T ALL THE WAY UP TO 80T for just $10 each.
losiminiblazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 07:43 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

That's what I'm going with is a 35t rc4wd. It should be here tomorrow. I'm getting a wraith in 3 weeks and I'm going to go HH br-xl but not sure on the motor yet. Id like the puller but its alittle too long from what I heard. Anyways, in a nut shell, HH is the shat!! lol IMO
muddinscx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 03:25 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

As far as for mud and water why not go for a sealed can brushless motor? I guess my suggestion is a little late but I run a 1200kv Tacon from Hobbypartz.com it cost $22 is sensorless brushless and laughs at water and mud, also is still very useable in slower speed crawling. I would put one in a comp crawler due to the slight loss of some slow speed control but for a scaler it really is great.
federally is offline   Reply With Quote