Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: proportional dig???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2011, 11:16 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default proportional dig???

I think ive read to much stuff today and confused myself. i am going to build a xr10. i want proportional dig. going to get overkillrc's hacked GT3b radio. rc4wd 45t brushed motors. Not sure which ESC's to get. going to run dual esc. do i have to get overkills wantasummit to have proportional dig or will the radio alone do it?

Edit. I think I've got it figured out. Dual novak rooster crawlers. No need for wantasummit. How many channels do I need for proportional dig on the gt3b? Thanks.

Last edited by asian195; 09-18-2011 at 12:24 AM.
asian195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2011, 12:48 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

The radio is all you need. As for escs, Tekin and Castle Creations both make quality ones. You'd be happy with either brand, but i'd recommend the Tekin B1R. A lot of guys are running them on the XR10. The're about the smallest esc you'll find and $58 each. At that price you'll have 2 escs for about the price of one FXR. Also don't forget a Castle Creations bec. The 10 amp one is all you'll need. It runs about $20. I'd use the C.C. bec no matter what escs you go with.
erikblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 12:52 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Didn't see your edit. Novak are good also, but I'd still go with the B1R. 3 channels is all you need.
erikblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 11:27 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

i would go with dual tekin fxr's or castle mamba micro pros as they both can handle 3s when you want to try it and they have more programability and just plain perform better in the long run
benoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 07:01 PM   #5
Got Worms?

the radio will mix it alone, the wantamix is only for the dx3t and futaba 3pm-x. A great little tool, for harcore speky users, but theres other options out there such as the 4pl, 4pk, and as you mention my gt3b...the gt3b will mix them, no need for the mixer. You only need one extra channel for the mix. So 3 channels will be fine, although having 6 won't hurt
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote