Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Mamba 25 - Micro Sidewinder??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2011, 07:23 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Mamba 25 - Micro Sidewinder??

Ok guys well i was planning to make a switch to duel esc and run 2 micro sidewinders seeing as i had thought i already had one. Come to find out what i have now is a mamba 25. I was using the mamba 25 with a brushed motor which made me think it was a sidewinder. Is there really a difference between the two would it be a bad idea to try and mix a 25 and sidewinder?? If so i might change up my next move.
mindless is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-2011, 09:58 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindless View Post
Ok guys well i was planning to make a switch to duel esc and run 2 micro sidewinders seeing as i had thought i already had one. Come to find out what i have now is a mamba 25. I was using the mamba 25 with a brushed motor which made me think it was a sidewinder. Is there really a difference between the two would it be a bad idea to try and mix a 25 and sidewinder?? If so i might change up my next move.

Part of my answer are a few questions....

1. Motors being used?
2. 2s or 3s lipo?
3. You are using a BEC right?

IF your motors are pulling quite a bit, the Micro 25 may have issues. It is called a "25" because it can handle 25 amps. Depending on your motor choice, this ESC may not do so well. If I remember correctly, the Micro Sidewinder is rated for 30 amps....and the Mamba Micro Pro is at 35 amps.

No matter which you are running in terms of ESC....you really should (read this as NEED) to run a BEC. These little ESCs really cannot handle the load without it.

I have run an outrunner on 3s thru a Micro 25 with a Castle BEC with great success in a scaler in the past. The Micro would get warm, but never HOT. I currently run a pair of Mamba Micro Pros in my Bully MOA with a Castle BEC and a pair of Holmes 16T 400 Cobalt motors, and they barely ever get warm....and perform flawlessly. I would expect that a pair of Micro Sidewinders would also suffice. I am doubtful that a pair of Micro 25s would be up to the task. (Cannot prove this though).

In the end, I would be very leary about going with a Micro 25 in this case, but if it works for you, then that is cool.
xirtic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 06:42 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

I plan to run tekin 45t handwonds on 3s in a 5 and a half lbs berg. The only reason i would use the 25 is purely because i have it. I guess ill try it mixed with a micro sidewinder and if it doesnt work ill dump it. I know mustangboy347 runs the sidewinders on his with good luck.

Only one way to find out right??
mindless is offline   Reply With Quote