Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: 4PL function. OR any 4 channel for that matter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2011, 08:36 PM   #1

Default 4PL function. OR any 4 channel for that matter

Ok, I am trying to setup my venom. I am thinking of the 4pl. I want a dig option and 4ws. How are the extra two channels setup on the 4pL On/off switch? 3 position? proportionate? I wouldn't mine having complete control over the rear steering, not just having it match the front percentage. Maybe you guys can recommend a different radio and explain why?
96zjlimited is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2011, 08:43 PM   #2
Got Worms?

Flysky gt3b (thats been hacked), its cheaper and will do anything you need it too
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 08:51 PM   #3

Ok, you pointed me in the right direction, now can you explain to me why? I'll read your thread in the mean time
Old 09-18-2011, 08:57 PM   #4

Better yet, explain how I control 6 channels from the remote. I don't see that on the website. That is what I am concerned about.
Old 09-18-2011, 09:10 PM   #5
Got Worms?

The switches on the radio, can pretty much be setuo however you want them to be, 2 position, 3 position, 200 position, 8 true postions, etc.

also has mixing.

http://www.overkillrc.com/gt3bfeatures.htm
Old 09-18-2011, 09:15 PM   #6

Let me re phrase, I know how the 2 main channels are setup, how are all the others controlled? I don't see a picture of the remote, I want to know how I would control the rear axle, is it a rocker so I can steer the rear axle completely separate from the front? How are the other channels controlled? Is the 4 toggle switches on the remote, or do I have to hold one button down and steer right or something silly to operate the dig unit? I don't have a MOA setup
Old 09-18-2011, 09:22 PM   #7
Got Worms?

There are thousands, if not millions of possibilities...tell me specifically how you want to control it and i'll tell you if its possible

Go to the Key Mapping section of the page i posted above, and read. It explains how it can be controlled

As for pictures of the radio, here you go

http://images.lmgtfy.com/?q=Flysky+GT3B
Old 09-18-2011, 09:27 PM   #8

MAybe someone else can answer my question. IS there separate buttons for 6 channels, or how are they operated? What do I want? I want the wheel to control my front tires only, a separate rocker of some sort to control the steering on only my rear tires. I would like an easy way to control the dig servo on the fly, without having to go into menus or anything, how would I control another 3 position servo with this remote? Then maybe at some point another option for a winch. I can see pictures of a stock radio, do you add more buttons to yours? I want to know examples of how I can control the other channels?
Old 09-18-2011, 09:38 PM   #9
Got Worms?

Did you read the key mapping section??? I don't want to sound like a @$$ BUT it tells you the answers to everything your asking.

And a hacked gt3b, looks 99% stock. All your doing is flashing the firmware.
Old 09-18-2011, 10:02 PM   #10

I'm starting to get the idea. So, I will have no problem using one of the 3 positon switches to steer the rear axle. How do I control that buttons normal function then? Example, I want to use one of the trim buttons for rear steer. I want to hold it one way to turn left, hold it the other way to turn rear. Now what if I need to use that button for its original intent, to set trim? I don't know how old you are, but as a side note, when I have someone interested in a product I am selling, I do my best to help them, not tell them to go back on the internet and try and read through something not clearly laid out. I am looking to spend money and buy a product, you either want my business or you don't. I don't care if you have the best product in the world, I will buy the next best if I am not helped out and treated with respect. It would have taken you under a minute to specifically answer my questions. if I do decide to move forward, what is a realistic timeframe to get the setup in my hands? I know it says built to order, but I don't know how long that takes, or if you have a backlog.
Ryan
Old 09-18-2011, 11:16 PM   #11
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96zjlimited View Post
I'm starting to get the idea. So, I will have no problem using one of the 3 positon switches to steer the rear axle. How do I control that buttons normal function then? Example, I want to use one of the trim buttons for rear steer. I want to hold it one way to turn left, hold it the other way to turn rear. Now what if I need to use that button for its original intent, to set trim?

You'll have to set the trim through the menu's...same as any other high end radio, none of the switches are dedicated to a certain function, you program them to the function you want to control...this means you can trim the steering with the throttle trim buttons if you want to.

Quote:
I don't know how old you are,

Quote:
but as a side note, when I have someone interested in a product I am selling, I do my best to help them,
You can ask anyone who has had an issue or needs help with any of my products. I have always went out of my way to help them

Quote:
not tell them to go back on the internet and try and read through something not clearly laid out. I am looking to spend money and buy a product, you either want my business or you don't. I don't care if you have the best product in the world, I will buy the next best if I am not helped out and treated with respect. It would have taken you under a minute to specifically answer my questions.
Not the point, i don't mind helping, i actually like it. I don't expect you to find info in my tech thread if its not posted withing the first two posts. BUT when i link to something that will answer your question, i do expect you to read it and if your still confused then i'll help, such as the Q above you had. I answer the same Q's multiple times a day, so thats why i made a page that answers everyones Q's. And that page answered every question you had. If someone can't read a answer thats not directed towards them specifically, then i really don't want them to order a product that requires step by step instructions to be read and followed, because if they arn't followed then it will ruin the product. Then the possiblity it will come back on me somehow.

Quote:
if I do decide to move forward, what is a realistic timeframe to get the setup in my hands? I know it says built to order, but I don't know how long that takes, or if you have a backlog.
Ryan
Once again read the last two lines

http://www.overkillrc.com/products.h...roduct=5583397

It says there is a 1-2 week lead time before shipping.

Last edited by losikid; 09-18-2011 at 11:24 PM.