Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: cheap motor and ESC to get me goin?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2011, 03:13 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default cheap motor and ESC to get me goin?

im working on a crawler on the cheap. building most of it but wondering on Electronics. got traxxas 27mhz radio and Reciever to use but what would be a good motor on the cheap to use.
im still a little fuzzy on the motor thing. most of my RC has been nitro. so all the Elect is pretty new to me.
i do have an old Traxxas 20turn stinger motor at home that does work. could i use this and get a cheap ESC to run for a while?
i know you get what you pay for type thing with this stuff but want to get something to at least get it going when it gets to that point. im building this thing slowly as i get funds and need to go cheap for not to make sure i can get it right then upgrade later.
any help would be great for this Newb

and i am reading some threads found with a search but not really finding what im looking for
champ198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-30-2011, 05:04 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

The stinger is no bueno. Holmes hobbies is the way to go. You can get a waterproof esc that handles 6s lipo. Br-xl and you get a sportsman rebuildable (holmes hobbies motor) for $120. You can ask anyone on this site and they will tell you for bruched, go holmes . Mr. Holmes himself is always on this forum.
muddinscx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 05:07 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

If you want cheap and want to go brushed and brushless you can go with a castle creations sidewinder v2. It only handles 3 or 4s but it does decent and the esc is only $60 or so and its programable via castle link (same with holmes hobbies br-xl, its programable via castle link). From my understanding, if you go brushless, use a tekin motor. They are 1 of the hottest bl motors out.
muddinscx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 07:43 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

I got a sidewinder sct (same as sidewinder v2) for $35 on ebay...Doesnt get much better bang for the buck than that!
SMR 510RR is offline   Reply With Quote