Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: castle creations warrenty?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2011, 05:48 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Question castle creations warrenty?

last night my rear motor let out the white smoke! that being said i pulled the case to see what caused it. and the red wire came off the bottom and the heat fins came off the to of both esc's.should i send them in for warrenty work or should i just buy new ones there a month old and its very frustrating!
any input will be very helpful thanks
poor_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2011, 05:54 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

call them. i've had good luck with their warranty, although some of their stuff will be out of stock so you might have to wait a couple weeks. if you can, try to make it look like nothing happened to cause it or they might say that it's your fault.
ohh EPiC FAiL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 07:23 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

I say call/email CC and see what they say. Do you have a receipt from when you bought them? Even if it's just a copy of a completed webform.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 07:52 AM   #4
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohh EPiC FAiL View Post
call them. i've had good luck with their warranty, although some of their stuff will be out of stock so you might have to wait a couple weeks. if you can, try to make it look like nothing happened to cause it or they might say that it's your fault.
Yeah, real great advice here. Try to fake a warranty claim

Castle does have an easy warranty system, and if your ESC is out of warranty or if it was your fault they have cheap replacement programs too.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 07:54 AM   #5
Rock Stacker

Basically the same thing happened to me. I sent it in for repair and got the email saying they got it, and I haven't heard from them since. They've had it for like 5 weeks, and they still haven't told me anything. I'd say send it in though. If it takes forever, you can always buy a new one, then sell the new one sent back from castle. And if you have good luck even if they charge you, it's still cheaper than buying it new.
eedew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 08:13 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

I'm waiting to hear from them about the mamba micro I sent back. Rolled and all of a sudden rear esc quit, no smoke just quit, no led's nothing. I had unsoldered the white wire from the board and removed the switch, according to their warranty page that'll void warranty so we'll see how it goes.
slowrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 09:56 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

They are very fair with they warranty. I had a MMP that I sent back, I removed the switch and opened the case and they sent me a replacement no questions asked.

It does take some time and they are horrible at letting you know the status. It took a month to get my mmp back, they were out of stock when I sent it in. Havent had any problems with the replacement.
SMR 510RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 10:41 AM   #8
Rock Stacker

well i called them and they said send it in and it will be covered under warrenty due to it being so new and also i asked about the wires being cut and the power cable and they said thats no problem ppl do it all the time. so ill send it off today and see how long it takes. thanks guys for all ur help
poor_boy is offline   Reply With Quote