Notices

Thread: FXR Issues(Possibly)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2011, 06:39 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Unhappy FXR Issues(Possibly)

OK guys, Here is the low down on whats going on:
What I have:
MOA Set up with a Tekin FXR, 2 Novak 55's, Spektrum SR300 receiver, Castle 10amp BEC, and a Punk Dig that is powered by a 3s 1000 lipo.

And so it begins, I got it built, Set my FXR to 3s VIA Hotwire, Didnt realize I had an E-Clip in the front motor and smoked the front motor. Took out the motor, tested the back one and made sure that one was fine and it ran fine.
Bought a new motor replaced it, turned everything back on, it ran fine for about 10 seconds and stopped.
Lights- 1-3-5 blink consistently together.

Any Ideas???
Thanks
K1llerRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2011, 06:43 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Page 2.... http://www.teamtekin.com/manuals/FXManual.pdf , check your pack voltage as well as the voltage setting in the ESC.

BTW, I keep Tekin, Novak & CC ESC pages up in IE, thus I can check RC forums quickly for answers.....
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 07:03 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Seriously...I cant believe how many times we have to quote the manual to "fix" peoples problems. If you are getting an error code look it up in the manual!
SMR 510RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 08:11 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Yes, seriously, I uploaded the manual from tekin before i even posted this and it didnt upload correctly, after several times of trying i posted this!!!!!!! So seriously, BACK OFF- Im not an idiot, I always consult a manual before i ask a question!! But unfortunatly, I still dont have my answer and I still have to figure out whats wrong because I STILL cant upload the link he gave me. I need help! Way to help a rookie out!!!!
Dick!!
Old 10-07-2011, 08:36 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Dude, frikkin chill a bit......as mentioned lots of times just reading the manual resolves issues.

Since you can't load the PDF, here is the LED troubleshooting section....

LED INDICATOR (S) ERROR DESCRIPTION
All LEDs Flashing No Radio Signal, check radio system
LEDs 1,2,3 Flashing Radio signal found but lower than ex-pected, See Radio Calibration Section
LEDs 5,6,7 Flashing Radio signal found but higher than expected, See Radio Calibration Section
LEDs 1,3,5 Flashing Voltage Cutoff set below battery voltage or in hi-temperature thermal shutdown
LEDs ramp up then down ESC is in Pit Tune Mode
LED 4 on briefly, then flashes to one or more other LEDs Normal operation, see Temperature Monitor Section.

PS, I see you're selling off your Tekin BL motors.......

Last edited by Charlie-III; 10-07-2011 at 08:46 PM. Reason: Added comment
Old 10-07-2011, 08:44 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Oh yea I am the jerk here right...You dont want to get called out the post in newbie general. My bad for being tired of answering the same question over and over, I answered it last week.

Here you go since it wont "upload"

If LEDs 1,3 and 5 are flickering, it indicates that Voltage Cuto may be set above battery pack voltage, or that unit is in
thermal shutdown. Check that cuto is correctly set and that
battery is fully charged. Motor or connections to motor are bad.
Speed control not plugged into throttle channel on receiver, or
receiver plug connection is bad. May be in Pit Tune mode.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:21 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Thanks for the answers.
I just thought it was rude to assume such things. Please just remember, some of us actualy do check out manuals and use the search box. This is the second time ive been jumped on about certine things since ive been here which hasnt been very long, and the first time i was looking to buy some used gear to save a few $(which was completely ridiculous) so i hope you understand that i am getting a little fed up with people.
I will apologize for my remarks! Sorry about that! I do feel like an Ass, but please look at it from my view. TY again for the help.
Old 10-07-2011, 10:28 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by K1llerRC View Post
Thanks for the answers.
I just thought it was rude to assume such things. Please just remember, some of us actualy do check out manuals and use the search box. This is the second time ive been jumped on about certine things since ive been here which hasnt been very long, and the first time i was looking to buy some used gear to save a few $(which was completely ridiculous) so i hope you understand that i am getting a little fed up with people.
I will apologize for my remarks! Sorry about that! I do feel like an Ass, but please look at it from my view. TY again for the help.
I dont want to come off like an ass either but when you are on here trying to be helpful every day and you keep running into the same questions it gets old. Just remember not everyone on here is a jerk, just most of us. Your issue is a little harder to search for, i tried "fxr 1 3 5" and didnt come up with much.

In the future mentioning the fact that you are having trouble viewing the online manual may save you the headache of having to defend yourself. You may need to install a PDF viewer as most of the online manuals are PDF's and I had no problem viewing it.

Is your problem solved now? If not, seems like a motor problem to me since it ran for a little while the pack voltage doesnt seem to be the issue like I originally thought.

I swear we are here to help...
Old 10-08-2011, 07:00 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

+1 on the, "In the future mentioning the fact that you are having trouble viewing the online manual may save you the headache of having to defend yourself. You may need to install a PDF viewer as most of the online manuals are PDF's and I had no problem viewing it." comment.

That is why I pasted the relevent info right from the manual. Hope you get it fixed.
Old 10-08-2011, 10:06 AM   #10
Pebble Pounder

It was the voltage settings on the ESC.. Thanks for the help guys!
Old 10-08-2011, 10:49 AM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by K1llerRC View Post
It was the voltage settings on the ESC.. Thanks for the help guys!
Glad you got it fixed.

Now, find a way to download/view PDF's.