Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: fs gt3b setup after hack.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2011, 03:22 PM   #21

Ok, im really new to crawling, so what is dig. I can get the y connector but iz not javi.g dig a bad thing? And can I run one battery off of each esc?
Jphillips472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-2011, 03:41 PM   #22
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jphillips472 View Post
Ok, im really new to crawling, so what is dig. I can get the y connector but iz not javi.g dig a bad thing? And can I run one battery off of each esc?
Dig would be where you transfer power from front to rear and visa versa. With the hack it will allow you to use third channel trim switches to do as such either proportionally (percentage increment of power to front or rear ie 80% in front 20%to in rear) dig is not necessary but highly recommended. Many may say don't worryabout it till your used to crawling and me being a newb I say it helps a ton having it it is easy to get a hold on
I so if you plan on comping you pretty much need it luckily its nothing extra with 2the esc and the hack cause its set up in the radio.
foratm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 03:43 PM   #23
Quarry Creeper

Also about the battery that is not a good idea only because of weight if you need help setting up let me know ill make a simple wiring diagram
Old 10-28-2011, 03:50 PM   #24

So for now I can run 2 esc"s, using a y connector. Which channel do I use? do I still just use xh1. And ch 3 is sil left open?
Old 10-28-2011, 03:57 PM   #25
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Hey, ive been looking into hacking my gt3b but being unemployed, I'm a little tight. Do I need this hack to run dual esc's? I made a4ws setup which works perfect, I have a hitec 5955tg up front and stocker out back. Until the hack I only have basic steerability from the back, but I will want to run dual esc, so do I need the hack? Also, will dual esc allow me to rin 2 nimh batteties? I have 2 saddle packs for my b44 and thought I could run one half on each corner axle. Let me know. Thanks
You can run twin speedos of pretty much and radio system. You just cant take advantage of any of the reasons most run dual speed control without the hack. You would not have use of biasing or front dig and rear burn. I don't think you are looking to run 2 separate batteries but more like 2 3.6v packs in series for 7.2? Or are you wanting to run one pack to one esc and the other packto the other esc? If the later is the case no that wont work out for you as you are only supplying 3.6v.
highlandcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 03:57 PM   #26
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
So for now I can run 2 esc"s, using a y connector. Which channel do I use? do I still just use xh1. And ch 3 is sil left open?
Correct and the vcc channel is for your bec if you have one.
Old 10-28-2011, 05:18 PM   #27

Cool

No, I was thinking of running 2 3.7v packs to each esc for 7.4 volts to each esc, one 3.7 pack at each wheel with a external lipo cutoff, or is it better to just run one 7.2 battery for the whole setup? I'm just wondering about haveing enough piwer to run all my servos. I am going to run (2) traxxas servos up front and 1 hitec hi torque out back. Would I run front servos ob one esc and the rear servos on the other esc? Will I have enough power from one 3000 mah nimh?. And thanks guys for the help.
Old 10-28-2011, 08:09 PM   #28
I wanna be Dave

Losikid, very cool hearing you getting more R&D done on other projects...congrats.

also, I might be (in the near future) be needing a pot for say channel 4 or something like that...need winch up down stop (in any combo) and then another channel to be linear...not for steering, for another idea I have for my scaler.
squatch71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 08:20 PM   #29
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by squatch71 View Post
Losikid, very cool hearing you getting more R&D done on other projects...congrats.

also, I might be (in the near future) be needing a pot for say channel 4 or something like that...need winch up down stop (in any combo) and then another channel to be linear...not for steering, for another idea I have for my scaler.
Max of 1 pot....all the other buttons/switches arn't a/d encoders.

But you can do linear digitally.

I've got abunch of cool stuff thought up...Top on my list is a new breed of dig switch. Next parts order i put in i'll have some stuff to start testing main ideas with, and get a feel of how the technology works....Then i'll get a couple test units protyped so i can start experiment with the more advance, wicked cool features. Only info about the features i'll release is there will be more functionality than dual esc's, and a mixing radio is not required...

Last edited by losikid; 10-28-2011 at 08:37 PM.
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 08:44 PM   #30
I wanna be Dave

cool, I would only need one pot.

look into bullet proof winch controler, besides a esc....course I would say that would be pretty much impossible....so just use a ESC
squatch71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 08:58 PM   #31
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by squatch71 View Post
cool, I would only need one pot.

look into bullet proof winch controler, besides a esc....course I would say that would be pretty much impossible....so just use a ESC
Actually, I'm working with another vendor on a winch controller. It won't be overkill brand though, but it will handle aton of power....
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 05:17 AM   #32

Default Re: fs gt3b setup after hack.

i had a question with my setup, i hacked the remote and i got the 4 wheel steer setup but for some reason my rear steer only works in one direction. i can reverse the servo and it still on works in one direction. i feel like there is a setting in the remote i have screwed up. any help would much appreciated.
scutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 12:03 PM   #33
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: fs gt3b setup after hack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scutt View Post
i had a question with my setup, i hacked the remote and i got the 4 wheel steer setup but for some reason my rear steer only works in one direction. i can reverse the servo and it still on works in one direction. i feel like there is a setting in the remote i have screwed up. any help would much appreciated.
subtrim on both channels, make sure switches are set properly. If everything else is OK, its not the hack. If other issues, re hack it. Mine took three tries for all settings. The third didnt do anything more, but confirm ed
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gt3b, radio