Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Novak M2 dig ESC and Futaba 4PL programming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2011, 03:45 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Novak M2 dig ESC and Futaba 4PL programming

So im running the Novak M2 ESC and Futaba 4pl radio. ive looked and searched with no real luck on how to properly program them. After alot of frustration i think i got it going. i understand to some this might seem simple but the M2 is a strange beast. a modded TQ3 would have made this simple. but the adjustability of the 4pl and M2 made things wierd.

Make sure the M2 is plugged into ch 2&3 on the rx.

then set a DT to ch3 and value at 100. (i used DT2). i also set another DT to ch3 value at 10.(i used DT1)

make sure your DT switches are in the neutral postion. then go through the one touch programming on the ESC. on step 9 move the DT switch that is valued at 100 to one end point. after light changes move all the way to other end point. then back to neutral. Now the one touch prog. is finished.

Now follow the instructions on the M2 dig software flow chart.
most importantly make sure Throttle Profile is on setting #2 (proportional dig). adjust everything else to your needs.

my settings
Drag/hill brake 10
Dig power 9
dead band 1
min drive 1
drive freq 9
throttle profile 2

Hopefully this will help people running this setup, if not, oh well.
asian195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-19-2011, 12:44 PM   #2

Thumbs up Re: Novak M2 dig ESC and Futaba 4PL programming

Thank you for that. After many hours of trying and watching videos I find your short and sweet guide. Minutes later I got proportional dig. Thank you so much. You helped me! .. if this helps you than give and keep this post alive.
PepsiDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 10:09 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Novak M2 dig ESC and Futaba 4PL programming

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiDad View Post
Thank you for that. After many hours of trying and watching videos I find your short and sweet guide. Minutes later I got proportional dig. Thank you so much. You helped me! .. if this helps you than give and keep this post alive.
Charlie, csuangka@teamnovak.com is available all the time to assist Novak customers with questions and trouble-shooting.
NovakTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 10:52 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiDad View Post
I know this is old, and I forgot I did this, but your welcome. :thumbup:

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
asian195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 11:48 PM   #5

I'm also running the Novak M2 Dig ESC on my XR-10 with 55T Tekin motors and Futuba 4PL, yet struggling to figure out how to program the ESC.

The problem is too much punch on the low-end. No matter how slow I accelerate (pull the trigger) it jumps, then rolls to a decent crawl speed... still too fast IMHO, but this punchy start is making me crazy.

Is there a recommended setting that I can program to make it start off nice and slow and continue to sloooooow crawl or at a minimum, a way to reduce this low-end punchy response upon acceleration?
rson123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 05:04 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by rson123 View Post
I'm also running the Novak M2 Dig ESC on my XR-10 with 55T Tekin motors and Futaba 4PL, yet struggling to figure out how to program the ESC.

The problem is too much punch on the low-end. No matter how slow I accelerate (pull the trigger) it jumps, then rolls to a decent crawl speed... still too fast IMHO, but this punchy start is making me crazy.

Is there a recommended setting that I can program to make it start off nice and slow and continue to sloooooow crawl or at a minimum, a way to reduce this low-end punchy response upon acceleration?
When I had an M2, that was one of my complaints. I believe some have used expo in the TX to help out.
I never got the M2 to do what I was used to with FX-R's or Castle ESC's so I sold the M2.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 10:59 AM   #7

Good news, problem solved. Thanks to the combination of the recommended ESC settings on this thread, the M2 "field" guide, the Expo on my 4PL, and great advice from Chuck @ Novak my XR10 creeps @ start to my satisfaction.

Tips
- Use settings listed here and the field guide to program them into your M2 ESC
- Max out negative Expo (-100) on your Tx
- Rule of thumb for creeping start, move all ESC settings in the "smooth" direction (shout-out to Chuck @ Novak for that advice)

Thanks for the help and posting this insightful thread.
rson123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 11:15 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by rson123 View Post
Good news, problem solved. Thanks to the combination of the recommended ESC settings on this thread, the M2 "field" guide, the Expo on my 4PL, and great advice from Chuck @ Novak my XR10 creeps @ start to my satisfaction.

Tips
- Use settings listed here and the field guide to program them into your M2 ESC
- Max out negative Expo (-100) on your Tx
- Rule of thumb for creeping start, move all ESC settings in the "smooth" direction (shout-out to Chuck @ Novak for that advice)

Thanks for the help and posting this insightful thread.
Glad you got it to a point where you're happy with the M2. Keep in mind, whenever you calibrate the ESC to the RX (hopefully not often) you have to reset everything in the ESC since it gets wiped out with the calibration.
This is not something that happens with FX-R's or CC ESC's.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote