Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Tekin FXR issues

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2011, 07:21 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Tekin FXR issues

So I just bought this FXR brand new and I hook it all up the way I had my old one hooked up. But for some reason The controls are backwards.
When I push the stick foward it goes in reverse and I don't how to fix That. I have a futaba controller. Like for airplanes. It's te T6EX I think
But when I push the stick back and it goes forward but faster then when I push it forward.

And how do u hook a BEC up to it?

I thought you were soppose to pull the power wire outta the EsC and plug in the BEC and your set?
I did that and my ESC wouldn't turn in all the way it said lost radio signal
ZackMicF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-2011, 07:39 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

For your controls being backword problem you can just flip you motor wires around then the motor will spin in the right direction or if your radio has a channel reverse setting you can just do that. For your BEC problem it sounds like you have it wired right but I would check your connections and make sure the BEC is putting out enough power I guess. It would help if we could know what kind of BEC you are using also. That's my ideas
TheREDCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 07:44 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

A castle BEC. But when I pull out the power wire from the esc it won't do anything it's just looking for a radio signal.
I don't know if my radio has the reverse singalong thing
Old 10-31-2011, 09:12 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Well to me it sounds like your bec is just not putting out power. If you have a volt meter I would put it on the bec output power wires. If your radio does not have a signal reverse you can just flip your motor wires and that will fix that. Hope this helps
Old 10-31-2011, 09:20 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

That's what I did. It's works kinda twitches a lot. And I can go faster in reverse then forward. The radio it right and everything but it's not too. I push forward to go forward now and all
But when I go forward there's a delay then I can go.
I can go full throttle reverse when ever.

I'm not too worries about the BEC. Once I get my esc going then I figure that out.
Old 10-31-2011, 10:09 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Well I don't have much experience ith the FX-R so hopefully someone else will chime in
Old 10-31-2011, 10:14 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

hopefully. if not i'll look on the tekin website and see what i can do. because my LHS sucks with customer service. it's like all they want is money.they never can help because they don't know jack squat
Old 10-31-2011, 11:23 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

As for the FXR, you may have to switch the reverse type to instant reverse. I would reverse the channel on the radio (if you tell us what model we may be able to help) and put the wires to the motor back as you had them.

Here is a link to the manual for the FXR:
http://teamtekin.com/manuals/FXManual.pdf
I suggest reading it thoroughly as it has all the information you need.

Once you have the throttle channel on your radio reversed you will want to calibrate the esc to the radio, basically this puts the ESC in sync with the signal range that your radio is sending to it.

On to the BEC, how do you have it wired? Did you wire it like the package suggests? The black and red wire should go to battery power and ground, then plug the servo plug into an open port on your receiver (you are correct about unplugging the red wire from the esc's plug). Make sure that you have the plug facing the correct direction, the darkest wire is always the ground even if it isnt black.
SMR 510RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 12:01 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

when i pull out the red wire from the ESC from the receiver the ESC looses signal and just starts beeping

when i turn my servo all the way my truck wont go at all enless i ease up on the servo then it goes
it stops when i'm full throttle and turn sharp
when i turn the wheels back and forth real fast it seams like it looses power but when i let it sit for 30 seconds it does the same thing it's good tell i trun back and forth a couple times
Old 11-01-2011, 12:02 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

i have a
Futaba T6ex radio and a Futaba 6ch RX
Old 11-01-2011, 12:19 AM   #11
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZackMicF View Post
when i pull out the red wire from the ESC from the receiver the ESC looses signal and just starts beeping

when i turn my servo all the way my truck wont go at all enless i ease up on the servo then it goes
it stops when i'm full throttle and turn sharp
when i turn the wheels back and forth real fast it seams like it looses power but when i let it sit for 30 seconds it does the same thing it's good tell i trun back and forth a couple times
It sounds like you might have the bec not installed right. Have you hooked up the red and black wires to the battery leads on your esc? Is the light on the bec coming on when you plug it in?
highlandcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 12:55 AM   #12
Quarry Creeper

put when i put out the power wire (red) for the ESC from the receiver it just shuts off

ya i have the BEC just solder straight to the ESC where the battery is soldered in
Old 11-01-2011, 09:06 AM   #13
RCC Addict

If you have the BEC installed correctly then your receiver shouldn't be shutting down when you pull the red wire from the FXR receiver plug.

There's two things we need to do here. First, unplug your exBEC and just use the FXR's BEC to power up the receiver so we can get it calibrated to your radio properly. Switch the Throttle Channel to Reverse on your radio and calibrate the FXR. Once that is done, the LEDs should light up from LEFT to RIGHT when you pull throttle. If not, try calibrating with your radio switched back to normal.

Once you have it calibrated properly, pull the red wire out of the FXR receiver plug and plug your exBEC back in.
Ty@Tekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 09:11 AM   #14
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty@Tekin View Post
If you have the BEC installed correctly then your receiver shouldn't be shutting down when you pull the red wire from the FXR receiver plug.

There's two things we need to do here. First, unplug your exBEC and just use the FXR's BEC to power up the receiver so we can get it calibrated to your radio properly. Switch the Throttle Channel to Reverse on your radio and calibrate the FXR. Once that is done, the LEDs should light up from LEFT to RIGHT when you pull throttle. If not, try calibrating with your radio switched back to normal.

Once you have it calibrated properly, pull the red wire out of the FXR receiver plug and plug your exBEC back in.
sorry, little hijack here.

so you recommend running the exbec threw the rx and not directly to the servo? im setting up my fxr right now too and would like to have to only do it once. thanks!!
ninja turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 09:19 AM   #15
Quarry Creeper

okay i calibrated. i have ExBEC unpluged. when i pull the throttle in resverse in goes forward and the light got left to right and oppisite when push forward on the stick.
basically i don't know how to switch around the radio
this things got more settings then chevy with on star
Old 11-01-2011, 09:32 AM   #16
Quarry Creeper

heres what i got going on. this is with out the ExBEC
but when i turn back and forth constantly i can tell my servo is sucking up too much power because my servo starts getting weaker every time i turn it and the LEDs on the ESC start dimming

NEW PIC ^^^

Last edited by ZackMicF; 11-01-2011 at 09:42 AM.
Old 11-01-2011, 09:32 AM   #17
Rock Crawler

Quote:
okay i calibrated. i have ExBEC unpluged. when i pull the throttle in resverse in goes forward and the light got left to right and oppisite when push forward on the stick.
basically i don't know how to switch around the radio
this things got more settings then chevy with on star

To reverse a servo:
1. Enter the programming mode and use the MODE key to access the REVR function.
2. Use the SELECT key to select the channel you wish to reverse.
3. Push the DATA INPUT lever downward for 0.5 seconds to reverse the servo (REV), or push
the lever upward for 0.5 seconds to make the servo operate normally (NOR). The arrow will
indicate the condition of the servo (normal or reversed).
4. Use the SELECT key to display other channels to be reversed.
Old 11-01-2011, 09:35 AM   #18
RCC Addict

So you pull Reverse, the LEDs light up from LEFT to RIGHT and the truck goes forward?
Old 11-01-2011, 09:36 AM   #19
Rock Crawler

Quote:
heres what i got going on. this is with out the ExBEC
but when i turn back and forth constantly i can tell my servo is sucking up too much power because my servo starts getting weaker every time i turn it and the LEDs on the ESC start dimming

Its hard to tell from the pic but that looks like an awful lot of solder on those posts. None of them are touching are they? They look a lot like cold joints also.
Old 11-01-2011, 09:36 AM   #20
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja turtle View Post
sorry, little hijack here.

so you recommend running the exbec threw the rx and not directly to the servo? im setting up my fxr right now too and would like to have to only do it once. thanks!!
That's the easiest way to do it but I have seen some run the power directly to the servo from the exBEC and use the FXR BEC to power up the receiver.