Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: GT3B switch Clarification

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2011, 10:06 PM   #1
Got Worms?

Default GT3B switch Clarification

I get numerous amounts of the exact same question, so i just want to say it separately so it doesn't get buried in a long thread or something.

A STOCK GT3B has only a 2 pos switch for the 3rd channel. All the switches have pre-defined functions, that work ok at best.

A GT3B, thats been HACKED with my firmware hack kit does NO physical mods to the switches on the radio. EVERY switch on the radio can now be assigned to ANY function you please. Just because it says ch3 trim or d/r, does not mean it has to be those functions. All the changing of functions is done via ON-BOARD PROGRAMMING. You simply go into a menu, select the switch you want to program, assign it a function, then define its parameters. Once again there is NO physical modifications done to the switches to obtain 3 pos 3rd channels, dual esc mixing, or whatever.

Feel free to ask any questions
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-2011, 06:54 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

so i pluged my steering servo into the 3ed channel just to see what would happen and it was either all the way left or all the way right. what if i wired a pot instead of the switch. could it work for 4ws? i would not be changing any of the firmware
Koldham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 07:15 PM   #3
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koldham View Post
so i pluged my steering servo into the 3ed channel just to see what would happen and it was either all the way left or all the way right. what if i wired a pot instead of the switch. could it work for 4ws? i would not be changing any of the firmware
Stock firmware? If so no, a pot can't be wired in.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:50 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

why? would the the transmitter not be able to send a half signal?
Koldham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 09:55 PM   #5
Got Worms?

Because the stock firmware can only detect a 1 or a 0. (it sees power, or it doesn't see power) Nothing in between. The hardware physically can support it, but the stock firmware doesn't.

You would have to hack it with a new firmware to install a pot
Old 11-29-2011, 10:50 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

would it be possible for you to explain the programming steps to get the 3rd channel to work the same way the stock 3rd channel does on a Redcat rockslide where each push cycles through the 4 different steering modes and then maybe a step by step guide to programming another button like the trim switch for actual steering control. If I had this example I would probably be well on my way to understanding how to program all my channels on my GT3B. Oh I had no problems installing and doing the firmware hack. currently I have both the 3 and 6 channel Rx but have not attempted switch over yet.
soutthpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 11:31 PM   #7
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by soutthpaw View Post
would it be possible for you to explain the programming steps to get the 3rd channel to work the same way the stock 3rd channel does on a Redcat rockslide where each push cycles through the 4 different steering modes and then maybe a step by step guide to programming another button like the trim switch for actual steering control. If I had this example I would probably be well on my way to understanding how to program all my channels on my GT3B. Oh I had no problems installing and doing the firmware hack. currently I have both the 3 and 6 channel Rx but have not attempted switch over yet.
I'll work on it, i'll be very busy these next few weeks, but i'll try and squeez some time in...ask this over in the hack tech thread. (sson to be Q & A) Thread