Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Imax B6 on ebay, price seems too low???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2011, 07:04 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Imax B6 on ebay, price seems too low???

Look at this listing on ebay and tell me what's wrong

An Imax B6 with a power supply for 3$????

There should have something wrong but I can't find nothing, same description as the one who sells for 30$
joss097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2011, 07:14 AM   #2
Rock Stacker

Don't call me dumb, I just saw that it was a bidding listing... Have the selection set to bidding so I didn't see all the listing,

you can tell me what you think about this charger, I don't want to put too much money as I'm new and there is so much to buy but I hate spending money at the wrong place.

The B6AC seems good too and you dont have to carry an external power supply
Old 11-14-2011, 07:14 AM   #3
cherry bomb

there are imax B6 clones and real ones, the clones work the same minus a few features, look up the video on youtube.
hobbyking.com sells both the clone and the genuine one, the real one being about $8 more, I have 2 real ones and 1 fake one, and in my opinion the real one is worth the extra cash.
fred0000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 07:31 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Keep an eye out for the shipping cost listed, there's a BUNCH of listings that seem cheap until you factor in the shipping. I haven't gotten bit by shipping costs, it's just something a actively pay attention to when browsing eBay.

So an item may be listed at $3 but say the shipping is $29.99, well $32.99 becomes what you're paying for it. Also, it's listed on another site for say $30 shipped, then you could've save a few dollars to spend on something else.

I spent almost 2 hours the other night trying to find the best deal I could on a set of ax10 CVAs, a RR 1-piece output gear, and hardened steel idler. I ended up saving almost $18 versus buying it all from other retailers.
Devil Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 11:49 AM   #5
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Inc View Post
Keep an eye out for the shipping cost listed, there's a BUNCH of listings that seem cheap until you factor in the shipping. I haven't gotten bit by shipping costs, it's just something a actively pay attention to when browsing eBay.

So an item may be listed at $3 but say the shipping is $29.99, well $32.99 becomes what you're paying for it. Also, it's listed on another site for say $30 shipped, then you could've save a few dollars to spend on something else.

I know but for somes, there's a deal. Need ti check how much it sells at my local dealer.
Old 11-14-2011, 11:50 AM   #6
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred0000 View Post
there are imax B6 clones and real ones, the clones work the same minus a few features, look up the video on youtube.
hobbyking.com sells both the clone and the genuine one, the real one being about $8 more, I have 2 real ones and 1 fake one, and in my opinion the real one is worth the extra cash.
How can I know if it's a real or a copy, they will not tell me
Old 11-14-2011, 01:00 PM   #7
cherry bomb

You didn't go look at the video I told you to go check out did you?
Just type in "IMAX B6" into YouTube. Im on my cell or id just link it.
Old 11-14-2011, 05:35 PM   #8
cherry bomb

for the research impared.

Imax B6 Charger - HobbyKing Product Review - YouTube

i'm very confident when I say that I think all the Imax chargers on eBay are knock off's. there is nothing wrong with them, they do work as they are supposed. (the main reason I like the real one is it has reverse polarity protection and the fake one does not, this means that if you soldered a battery conector on backwards, or plugged the charge bullets in wrong the charger wouldn't tell you, and it could end in failure)

Last edited by fred0000; 11-14-2011 at 05:38 PM.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:19 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

No, I was at the hospital this afternoon. But now I can say yes. It's good if you can have it on hand but on sn ebay listing, I'm pretty surd they were some copy ax everything that come from china

Thanks

The guy at the hobby shop suggest me an Onyx 240 as they are stout and double charger for a decent pricing, 119$