Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Wraith ESC/Rx issue

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2011, 11:57 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Wraith ESC/Rx issue

Had my Wraith for about5-6 months now...replaced stock motor/esc with HH BRXL and Crawlmaster a couple months ago. I went out to run my rig but had no throttle...steering works fine. Tried swapping old esc back in to see if it was esc or motor and still no go. So hooked up motor from my sc10, still no go...until I switched the throttle reverse switch a couple of times then the esc did its beeps and viola wheels start turning.

So I go back to the Crawlmaster with stock esc and try same thing and it works. But wont get throttle till I switch the TRswitch.

SO... I put BRXL back in with Crawlmaster and try and switch the TRswitch but no go...doesn't move.

Does this sound like a Tx/Rx issue? or ESC? And I dont know how it might have happened...only thing I can think of is it went through a couple of puddles last time I was out but nothing major...have done it before with no problems.
lcbsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2011, 12:16 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

First I would read up on "recalibrating your ESC" for your specific model.
Then try to recalibrate the ESC to the RX. Sometimes you need to reverse the throttle (in the TX) so the ESC see's it correctly.

If it was a RX issue, none of your ESC's would work. I also doubt (but it's possible) that getting the BRXL wet hurt it.

Also a search here for "recalibrate" should turn up a ton of posts.

If all else fails, contact Holmes Hobbies, they can also help out. Just make sure you're honest with them, they do read these forums.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote