Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Tekin products

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2011, 04:40 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Question Tekin products

Hi guys, just locking for your advice, I know that many of you are using Tekin products to power your rigs, I’m looking for a Tekin Crawler System, the TT2105 FXR +T35 PRO to get my next project going, an Axial SCX 10 Honcho, so I wish to know where they are manufactured, MADE IN???
Your comments welcome
Thanks
El Vasco
EL VASCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2011, 04:57 PM   #2
Yashua

I have a pair of fxr's x 35t combo's in my super.
The boxes say " designed and manufactured in the usa using foreign and domestic components."
CREEPERBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 05:18 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Been using the "HD" 35t on 3s in two of my trucks for a few months now, no problem.
Erbing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 05:22 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Like Castle Creations, all the CC BEC I’ve got said the same, “This product is MADE IN USA of US and imported parts”
So I think the globalization is confusing us because time ago just by the name of a product you knew where it was made, now all is a mixing of parts and different locations of manufactures, anyway I think if we use well known brands, maybe all made at China, we still have a good group of guys that will support us, I guess.
The same happened to me when I got my Losi Night Crawler, I always thought that it was a “PROUDLY MADE IN USA BRAND”, but what I got was a MADE IN TAIWAN, anyway I’m very happy with my LNC, but I can’t stop thinking how are the real fact of this business , they manufacture cheap and we buy expensive????
Who really know, just let me know if you know something bro!!!
Old 11-18-2011, 06:38 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Things like motors have the can, magnets and usually the basic armature made in Japan (with some exceptions). It is then wound & assembled in the USA.
ESC's, servo's, etc. may have overseas components or boards but they may have final assembly & some parts from the USA.

Yes, it's a global economy.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 08:11 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Yes my friend it seems to be the rule now, all is f---ing business, anyway if the products are tested and they pass the abuse of the testers, cool, we get what we want, a good stuff, anyway the prices should be lower for all, not just for the big companies that makes their products overseas on lower hand work cost and then they come back to their country and sell it overvalued, at least it’s as I see the things now.
Greetings and thanks for sharing your comments guys
El Vasco
Old 11-19-2011, 07:35 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL VASCO View Post
Yes my friend it seems to be the rule now, all is f---ing business, anyway if the products are tested and they pass the abuse of the testers, cool, we get what we want, a good stuff, anyway the prices should be lower for all, not just for the big companies that makes their products overseas on lower hand work cost and then they come back to their country and sell it overvalued, at least it’s as I see the things now.
Greetings and thanks for sharing your comments guys
El Vasco
No problem, most of us try to help out.
Felice fin de semanna! (sorry for my spelling, I can speak/understand Spanish better than I can write it!)
Old 11-19-2011, 10:44 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Thumbs up

Hey Charlie at least you tried your Spanish, I appreciate it too much, so you can understand how much I have to effort to spell in English here and to be understudied , or better said my UGLY English, and even though you can understand me, or it’s what I think, and thanks for the support!!! The correct phrase would be: Feliz fin de semana, you were very close man!!!
Keep in touch and have a good weekend!!!
And yes, RCC forum is the place to be bro!!!!

El Vasco!!!
Old 11-19-2011, 10:55 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Hi,

Yes, English can be very very difficult since it's a "bastard language", it has roots in quite a number of other languages, the grammar rules suck if it's not your 1st language.

The "romance languages" (French, Italian & Spanish) are all based in Latin, thus have similar rules.
German also has rather specific rules.

Thank you for the compliment, glad you could understand my poor spelling.

Hope you find this site to be worthwhile.

I also know my phrase is different for "Castillian" Spanish, Cuban, central American, south American, etc.

Yes, I can understand you, glad you can understand us.

Last edited by Charlie-III; 11-19-2011 at 10:58 AM.
Old 11-19-2011, 11:13 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Yes Charlie you said it, the English language is been bastardized, is not to difficulty to me, but the problem is when you folks start spelling things like this: IMO, ASAP, MAP, LOL or cut words and so, the same is happening here with the text messages, just crap or I’m getting older and like to write as correct as I can.
Anyway all the stuff I like is in English language, so what can I do more than to improve my English day by day!!!
See you
El Vasco
Old 11-19-2011, 12:20 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Yes, abbreviations, slang & "Internet speak" all make it harder. Then you get into specific terms that most translators have issues with (ESC, BEC, etc.).....sigh.

Funny is when my kids (14 & 16) state things in Internet shorthand and I have to translate to my wife.

You are doing well, as long as you ask good questions in a manor I/we can understand, we will be glad to help out.

PS, I would love to visit your part of the world. A few of my family have been there and some of the soaring is great as well in the mountains!
Old 11-19-2011, 12:31 PM   #12
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie-III View Post
Yes, English can be very very difficult since it's a "bastard language", it has roots in quite a number of other languages, the grammar rules suck if it's not your 1st language.
Apparently for quite a few people around here the rules suck even if it is your first language.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 03:28 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
Apparently for quite a few people around here the rules suck even if it is your first language.
Sigh...... so true, so true.

A few even PM me when I quote them & reply, but "fix" THEIR post when doing so. Even my own kid.
Old 11-19-2011, 05:30 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post

Hey Duuuuuuuude, how are you, one of my first friends here, what do you think about Tekin products, should I get some of their stuff for my next rig, or what do you suggest???
And about how people spell here, what do you think, what are that rules you mention???
I know it’s a forum in English language, so I try to follow these rules, spell in my modest English, word by word trying to be understudied, trying to follow the correct verbs, the correct spelling, reading and reading and burning my eyes late at night to learn every day something new here at this great forum, of course I’m a human and can make an orthographic mistake, can you copy me???
I know, by reading your threads, that you use to spell in a good way, you like to explain what you do with the corrects words, what I enjoy a lot, and not with that short abbreviations senses that maybe foreign novice like me needs to make an effort to get what you want to say, anyway rules are rules!!!

Greetings
El Vasco
Old 11-19-2011, 05:40 PM   #15
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL VASCO View Post

Hey Duuuuuuuude, how are you, one of my first friends here, what do you think about Tekin products, should I get some of their stuff for my next rig, or what do you suggest???
And about how people spell here, what do you think, what are that rules you mention???
I know it’s a forum in English language, so I try to follow these rules, spell in my modest English, word by word trying to be understudied, trying to follow the correct verbs, the correct spelling, reading and reading and burning my eyes late at night to learn every day something new here at this great forum.

Greetings
El Vasco
I'm well sir, how are you?

I really have no first hand opinions on Tekin. Never used any of their stuff.

You do really well with your English. Better than some around here who have been speaking and spelling it all their lives. For some, just using a period or comma is apparently too hard for them to handle.

Also, I think you're confusing the word "understudied" with "understood", which is the word you're looking for.

Last edited by Duuuuuuuude; 11-19-2011 at 05:43 PM.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 05:43 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

(A little off topic in this thread, but....)
El Vasco, the "rules" we are referring to are NOT forum rules, they are language rules applicable to any language.

I can understand a typo here & there, or minor errors, but some of what I read is beyon comical, it's poor writing.

If nothing else, I used to have my kids read posts and ask, "What was that person saying?" Half the time they had no clue & English is their first language.

(OK, enough rant, back on topic.....).

Yes, the Tekin FX-r is a great little ESC. It works well and is very tiny. I just switched from dual Mamba Max ESC's to dual FX-r's. Not because I didn't like the MM's, but because one died & I had a comp coming up and had 2 FX-r's.

What rig do you run and what kind of motors & batteries? That will help us recommend an ESC.
Old 11-19-2011, 05:47 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

PS, I would love to visit your part of the world. A few of my family have been there and some of the soaring is great as well in the mountains![/QUOTE]

Hey Charlie if you sometime got the chance to visit my country, specially the place where I live, The Patagonia, you really will love it, I guarantee, greats deep and blue lakes, big mountains, big trout, blue ski full of stars, all is big here and wild too, you know what, it’s AMERICA TOO, it’s a great continent from north to south, Alaska to Ushuaia, the real end of the world!!!
Came on man, let’s visit us!!! Your welcome!!!
Greetings
El Vasco
Old 11-19-2011, 05:57 PM   #18
RCC Addict

Yes the countries in SA are beautiful.

I have cousins in Buenos Aires, Montevedeo and Caracas. I have not visited in a very long time.
AreCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 05:59 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

Ok coming back to the motive of the thread, my next rig will be an Axial SCX 10 Honcho Kit, so I’m asking for this particular rig, I’ll just use it just to enjoy it, nothing special, to play around, some rocks, some mud, some little bit of water, just use it for what it was made, ENJOY!!!
Old 11-19-2011, 06:00 PM   #20
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by arecee View Post
yes the countries in sa are beautiful.

I have cousins in buenos aires, montevedeo and caracas. I have not visited in a very long time.
your welcome too man!!! When you want!!! Will love it!!!