Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: New Futaba Receivers for 2012

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2011, 11:49 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default New Futaba Receivers for 2012

Firstly for the 4PK FASST fans Futaba are releasing a new 4 Channel, C2 High Speed, antenna-less receiver. The R614FF-E receivers will offer the same features as the R614FF receivers as supplied with the current 4PK Super radio but with a reduced range because of the antenna-less design and of course a little lighter too.

I have tested these in my Scale rig and the range is a hard to see (for me) 75mtrs (around 250') with full control and in a 1/8 EP truggy and 1/10 trucks on the race track with no range issues.

These receivers are not recommended for Nitro vehicles or boats.

Price $TBA

Size - 35.1×23.2×9mm

Secondly for the S-FHSS owners of the 3PL, 4PL, 6J and soon to be released 8J and 18MZ Air radios Futaba also offer another antenna-less receiver. The R204GF-E will offer the same features as the stock S-FHSS receiver as supplied with the 3PL and 4PL but in a much smaller case and of course with no antenna.

These receivers as with all the receivers in the Futaba range of FHSS radios will be compatible with all Futaba FHSS radios including the 2PL and 3PKR but these radios will only run the receiver in the low resolution mode of FHSS (auto-select mode).

As with the above FASST receiver the R204GF-E receivers are not recommended for Nitro vehicles or boats.

I'm hoping to get my hands on these for testing in the next couple weeks to see how they go in my Scaler, 1/8 EP truggy and 1/10 off road vehicles. The R204GF-E will be a perfect receiver for my Losi Mini 8ight too as its much smaller than the stock SR300.

Price $TBA

Size - 35.1×23.2×8.5mm

Futaba Australia will be offering the 4PK Super and the 4PL radios with a choice of either the standard full range or antenna-less receivers. I'm also hoping that we will be offering the radios as a 2 receiver package in 2012 also as we have done with the 4PK Super in 2011.

Contact your authorised Futaba dealers for more information early in 2012.
SuperRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links