Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: This is way too weird

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2011, 01:06 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default This is way too weird

So I bought 3x thunderpower 45c 850mah 3s lipos for my xr10 and have probably put about 8 cycles through each pack now. The last balance session(always balance charge at 1c rate even though these are capable of 12c charge rate I believe) I got 1550mah into all 3 lipos with my accucel 6 lipo charger, thought thats screwy but all was fine with the packs during the charge cycle, cool as can be andI never have had any issues with the accucel 6 in 2 years. They took about 110 mins each to fully balance from 3.50v a cell. I though there must be an issue with the charger so I put a 2200mah 30c 3s turnigy lipo on the charger without removing the power to the charger ever to not reset things and balanced that pack, got 2240mah out of it so that is all fine.......what the hell kind of magic is in these thunder packs?????? I'm gonna pay close attention to my balance session next time and see if it is the packs that are getting this much mah on round 2, anyone know if there is a way to check mah in a lipo?

Last edited by kurtus; 11-24-2011 at 01:14 PM.
kurtus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-24-2011, 04:35 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

If you're getting "more" mah into the packs than they are listed for, I wouldn't worry about it.
Part of it may be due to the 1C charge rate vs 12C.

You could put a known load (usually a resistance) on the packs, then let them discharge to LVC to find the current mah capacity in them, but I wouldn't worry.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 05:47 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie-III View Post
If you're getting "more" mah into the packs than they are listed for, I wouldn't worry about it.
Part of it may be due to the 1C charge rate vs 12C.

You could put a known load (usually a resistance) on the packs, then let them discharge to LVC to find the current mah capacity in them, but I wouldn't worry.
Yeah I'm not worried about the batteries so much just want to determine if the charger is giving a false reading or if it is entirely possible that the 850mah lipos could even get 1550mah?
kurtus is offline   Reply With Quote