Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Fxr issue?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2011, 08:43 AM   #1
Yashua

Default Fxr issue?

Okay, this is my problem. I run my super on 3s 1250 mah batterys, with a full charge i can run it for about 20 minutes. Then when the battery drops to around 9 v. The cutoff kicks in on the fxr's.
I put new charged battery in and no power to the motors. Steering works fine but no wheel movement.
So pack everything up and come home.
Radio, 4pl, shows both throttle channels operating , but nothing at car.
Next morning i put in the same fresh battery i tried yesterday and ,,,,,,,,,,,,wtf , it works fine.
Do the fxr's need a time to reset after the cutoff shuts down?
This has happened 3 times now and i cannot figure it out. I have hooked them up to the hotwire and both are set the same, cutoff set to 3v.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
CREEPERBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2011, 08:51 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

I am not aware of a "reset period" required after a LVC shutdown.
Do the ESC's light up when a new pack is plugged in?
Do they sound like they arm normally?

It may be worth a double check of radio wiring to make sure you don't have a loose connection.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 08:55 AM   #3
Yashua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie-III View Post
I am not aware of a "reset period" required after a LVC shutdown.
Do the ESC's light up when a new pack is plugged in?
Do they sound like they arm normally?

It may be worth a double check of radio wiring to make sure you don't have a loose connection.

I HAVE GONE THROUGH ALL THE CONNECTIONS WHILE RECHECKING THE FXR SETTINGS. IT ALWAYS HAPPENS THE SAME, BATTERY HITS CUTOFF, BATTERY VOLTAGE 9.1 V. UNPLUG BATTERY INSTALL NEWLY CHARGED BATTERY, TURN ON RADIO, RX , FXR'S LIGHT BUT NO CHIMES.
A HOUR OR SO LATER DO THE SAME THING AND LIGHTS AND CHIMES AND AWAY IT WILL GO,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, .
Old 11-27-2011, 09:42 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREEPERBOB View Post
I HAVE GONE THROUGH ALL THE CONNECTIONS WHILE RECHECKING THE FX-R SETTINGS. IT ALWAYS HAPPENS THE SAME, BATTERY HITS CUTOFF, BATTERY VOLTAGE 9.1 V. UNPLUG BATTERY INSTALL NEWLY CHARGED BATTERY, TURN ON RADIO, RX , FXR'S LIGHT BUT NO CHIMES.
A HOUR OR SO LATER DO THE SAME THING AND LIGHTS AND CHIMES AND AWAY IT WILL GO,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, .
Interesting, I will have to keep an eye on this as I recently swapped 2 CC MM's for 2 FX-R's (because an old MM finally died).
Maybe someone else will chime in soon, otherwise maybe I can go run later and let mine go to LVC. Last comp (1st one with the FX-R's) I kept swapping packs, so never hit LVC.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 09:46 AM   #5
Yashua

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie-iii View Post
interesting, i will have to keep an eye on this as i recently swapped 2 cc mm's for 2 fx-r's (because an old mm finally died).
Maybe someone else will chime in soon, otherwise maybe i can go run later and let mine go to lvc. Last comp (1st one with the fx-r's) i kept swapping packs, so never hit lvc.

yeah at first i had 1 fxr cutout set to 3.3v. And the other set to 3 v. And the one set to 3.3 stopped first of course. Then when i got the hotwire i got them both set the same and now when the battery hits the cutoff both turn off.
But i have the issue with them not resetting or,,,,,,,,,,,, whatever is happening.
Old 11-27-2011, 09:53 AM   #6
RCC Addict

i switched batts after LVC tons of times and never had to wait. sounds like you have another problem going on, maybe overheating or a loose/ bad capacitor.
crawlhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 09:57 AM   #7
Yashua

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawlhog View Post
i switched batts after lvc tons of times and never had to wait. Sounds like you have another problem going on, maybe overheating or a loose/ bad capacitor.
i have checked for the led's that show overheating and i'm not getting them. And nothing feels even warm, esc's or motors.
And as for the caps, i would think they would be gone if bad and not going bad. I have had caps pop before. And i would think if it was a cap it would'nt affect both esc's.