Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Christmas list: noop electronic help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2011, 03:24 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Christmas list: noop electronic help

im asking for new electronics for christmas.
1. traxxas waterproof esc
2. traxxas waterproof servo
3. axial 20T motor
4. 3s lipo

now the questions:
I want a 3s lipo but all i have for a charger is just a 7.2 volt charger for the battery i have now. What would i have to get for a charger? and also if i would be getting the waterproof esc what would i have to do to make it work with a 3s lipo?

Thank You for your help
XcrawlerkidX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2011, 03:36 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

The voltage of the charger is a minor issue, the bigger question is whether or not it's LiPO capable including balance charging. There are a few balance plug/port types, they need to match.
I've asked CheapBatteryPacks to post pictures of the various plug types side by side so it's easier to determine what you have/need.

As to the ESC, if it's capable of 3S, you don't need to do anything. Hopefully it has a built-in LVC (low voltage cutoff) so you don't over-discharge the pack.
Examples are the FX-R, HH BRXL, Castle Creations various (Mamba Max pro, SCT, Sidewinder V2....) as they all do 3S & have a LVC.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 03:42 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

What kind of rig is this going in? The traxxas stuff leaves much to be desired for crawlers, we may be able to suggest better equipment for similar prices.

You will need to get a lipo charger...Check out Shop for RC Hobby Parts and Upgrades - Digital Servos, Brushless Motors, ESC, LiPo Batteries/Chargers for RC Helicopters, RC Planes, RC Cars, Robots for good deals on chargers and batteries.
SMR 510RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 03:53 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

its going in my honcho
Old 11-27-2011, 05:32 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

I can see that you would like everything to be waterproof but those are not the items I would run in a honcho.

You can easily follow some of the waterproofing threads on here and waterproof any electronics.

There are a lot of options out there, what kind of budget are you looking at spending on each component or everything together?
Old 11-27-2011, 06:19 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

I did waterproof everything my self. My dad has a rooster esc and i like that with the drag brake. What do you would be best for esc, servo, and motor? Your guy's opinion.
Old 11-27-2011, 07:05 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

ESC: Tekin FXR, Castle Sidewinder, Holmes Hobbies BR-XL

Servo: Depends more on budget...On the cheap side Hitec HS-645 mg on the high end HS-7950th for a mid range somewhere between those two.

Motor: Depends on what you are looking to spend, for machine wound I like the Integy motors...For nice motors you could go with a handwound from Brood or Holmes or a puller from holmes.
Old 11-27-2011, 07:42 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMR 510RR View Post
ESC: Tekin FXR, Castle Sidewinder, Holmes Hobbies BR-XL

Servo: Depends more on budget...On the cheap side Hitec HS-645 mg on the high end HS-7950th for a mid range somewhere between those two.

Motor: Depends on what you are looking to spend, for machine wound I like the Integy motors...For nice motors you could go with a handwound from Brood or Holmes or a puller from holmes.
+1, pretty decent list.

For a "mid range" servo, I like the HiTec 7955, decent torque but a bit less expensive. I ran one in my comp 2.2 Bully, until I changed it out for a 7950.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 08:48 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

im gonna but 1.9's super swampers. i was thinking a 20T from axial cause ive had good luck with there motors with running it in snow, mud, and dirt
Old 11-27-2011, 09:46 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by XcrawlerkidX View Post
im gonna but 1.9's super swampers. i was thinking a 20T from axial cause ive had good luck with there motors with running it in snow, mud, and dirt
Any brushed motor will do fine in mud, dirt, sand, snow and anywhere else you want to run it.