RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Electronics (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/)
-   -   dx5 or dx6? (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/350768-dx5-dx6.html)

rockin86runner 11-28-2011 02:23 PM

dx5 or dx6?

I've done some searching on here as well as talked to a few people and can't find a clear answer and everyone has there own 2 cents... I'm wanting to get a new radio for my axial scaler that im building looking at the dx5 and dx6. I want extra channels for things like a winch, 2speed tranny, maybe a dig later on, and lights. I know the 6 is fully programmable and the 5 is not, but is it really worth the extra cost or will the 5 be good enough.

thanks in advance for any help "thumbsup"

SMR 510RR 11-28-2011 03:36 PM

Im guessing you are looking at the DX5E and DX6i rather than older used models?

If so I would go DX6i no doubt, the extra money is worth it in my opinion. While you may not see the advantage of the programming at this point you may want it in the future if you decided to run 4ws or dual esc's.

Its better to have it and not use it rather than want it and not have it.

toy4crawlin 11-29-2011 06:34 PM

I picked up my DX6i on ebay for $100. it is now my Dx6i Pistol with tons of extras, including a switch to select between a button that is momentary off or momentary On. ch4 select between a 3 position or full proportional

go with DX6i
Lightweight only 4 batteries and DSM2 technology

Nova's Ark 11-29-2011 07:25 PM

I've owned the DX6 and the DX7. The DX7 was light years ahead of the 5 and 6 series transmitters. The DX8 is now out and the price of the DX7 is falling accordingly. The mixing and interface on the DX7 is much easier to work with. You can assign switches and it has a 3 position switch built in.

On a different note, if you can find them, the BR6000 robot receivers are better for crawler purposes. The AR6000 receiver works good to, it's main difference is that it only has fail safes on the first two channels where as the BR version has fail safes on every channel.

1320Fastback 11-29-2011 10:33 PM

Get the 6i and if you want to stay low budget get some Orange receivers for $12.00 to go with it. Their clones of Horizon receivers but uber cheap.

rockin86runner 11-29-2011 11:16 PM

sweet thank you for all the info i ended up getting the dx7 that was forsale on this board couldnt pass up a great deal

thanks eddie "thumbsup"

toy4crawlin 11-30-2011 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1320Fastback (Post 3407547)
Get the 6i and if you want to stay low budget get some Orange receivers for $12.00 to go with it. Their clones of Horizon receivers but uber cheap.

I dont support this at all. This proves to the asian market that they can copy our USA designed products and copy and under sell us, putting us out of jobs all because of a few bucks and you dont get support.
They come here with there camera's and copy our products and i'll bet that the reason why we are forced to outsource the production of our products to overseas is the mear fact that they copy our stuff and cheaper costs which forces us to outsource ours. There over 8000 factories in just city of china. I'll bet that our US based company has a contract with a particular manufacturing plant and they sell our design to a brother so they can copy and make there own company and profit.

Economy will continue to decline as long as we support these copy cats.

We make good money here, you can afford the real thing.:evil:

toy4crawlin 11-30-2011 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1320Fastback (Post 3407547)

I don't support this at all. This proves to the asian market that they can copy our USA designed products and under sell us, putting us out of jobs all because of a few bucks and you don't get support.
They come here with there camera's and copy our products and I will bet that the reason why we are forced to outsource the production of our products to overseas is the mere fact that they copy our stuff and cheaper costs which forces us to outsource ours. There over 8000 factories in just city of china. I'll bet that our US based company has a contract with a particular manufacturing plant and they sell our design to a brother so they can copy and make there own company and profit.

Economy will continue to decline as long as we support these copy cats.

We make good money here, you can afford the real thing.:evil: