Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: RTR Losi Rx/Tx question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2011, 01:55 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default RTR Losi Rx/Tx question

OK, so I have a couple LSR-3000 (DSM) Tx's and I had this idea that for some of my bashers I could possibly use them for those as well.
So, is it as simple as picking up a couple $35 SR300 Rx's and binding accordingly? Or is the LSR 3000 limited to what came in the stock RTR rigs?
I'm just looking to upgrade a few old buggy's and such ... nothing fancy or spectacular just good old 2ch function is all. Just want to get away from glitchy AM Tx's (and to cull the growing herd of Traxxas, Tamiya, Yada, Yada 27Mhz Tx's)

Thanks

My other 2.4Ghz Tx's are an Associated XP3 and a Futabab 3PM-X ... the Futaba Rx's are far too overpriced for a basher fleet, and the Associated Tx is my next choice if the Losi option doesn't fill the bill (the AE Tx is about another $10, and at least 1/4 the size).
Rockfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2011, 02:05 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Im not sure on this, havent tried it. I would think that if they are all the same version (DSM) then it should be fine.

Have you thought about picking up a GT3B? For under $50 you can have a radio and a couple of receivers...Best bang for the buck!

Also you can do the hack on it and have a great 4 channel radio for crawling and go fast.
SMR 510RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 02:13 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Thought about the GT3B with all the hoopla going on about it .... but really it's just more radio than I'm looking for right now. I've got a box of Tx's and I'm trying to consolidate the fleet into just a couple Tx's (and all being 2.4Ghz).
Most of my Crawlers are on my 3PM-x and I have a 6ch 2.4Ghz from HobbyKing for the Scalers.
Mainly I want to try and use my cheaper 2.4Ghz Tx's for my buggys and such so really just a simple 2 channel radio is needed. The Losi LSR-3000 fit that bill (and I already have them). and for that 3rd channel kick I can use the AE XP3-SS
Rockfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 02:31 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

the rx they put in their RTRs is an SR300 with a losi logo on it. they are identical aside from the label
ohh EPiC FAiL is offline   Reply With Quote