Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Spektrum = 2 thumbs down

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2011, 10:00 AM   #1

Default Spektrum = 2 thumbs down

To be fair I'm waiting on a response email from Spektrum.

Purchased a S6020 for my venom creeper less than 2 months ago and have less than 10 outings on the servo and the shaft on the center gear bent. I don't comp my rig and I don't let it tumble down rocks and so far Spektrum will not back up their product. Telling me there's no way that could happen and if it did happen its not covered because its "wear and tear".

Really 2 months old..?!?! Oh.. And you can not buy that shaft so now I have a 50$ paper weight.

I'm hoping they back up their product but it's not looking good.

Time to step up to Savox.
farlok72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2011, 11:11 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

It would normally take a hit of some kind to bend a shaft inside of a servo like you say and it does not take a large tumble sometimes either.

That servo is on the light side for a crawler application with only having 146oz of torque. If you have a lot of weight in the front wheels that alone can cause the shaft to bend on a lighter duty servo.

Unfortunately they are going by what they know on their products and what you tell them to make the decision. I would think they would help you but it's not our call.

I know many people have complained about Horizon support but I have always had great luck with them but I tell them everything upfront as to what happened, actual age of products and so on.
AZrcdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 11:46 AM   #3

Yeah I hear ya. I have 3oz. in each front wheel. When it started sounding like the gears were stripping out I was on flat ground doing a left turn.

I just thought they'd want to back their product and keep customers happy. It wouldn't be such a big deal except you can't buy that shaft. It should come with the gear set package. Kinda lame.

Time to step up to Savox sa-1283sg.
Old 12-05-2011, 12:03 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by farlok72 View Post
Yeah I hear ya. I have 3oz. in each front wheel. When it started sounding like the gears were stripping out I was on flat ground doing a left turn.

I just thought they'd want to back their product and keep customers happy. It wouldn't be such a big deal except you can't buy that shaft. It should come with the gear set package. Kinda lame.

Time to step up to Savox sa-1283sg.
That would be a much better servo, if you don't want to spend that much you may want to look at the Hobbico CS170 (link) it is the same as a HiTech 7955 with the same warranty.
AZrcdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 12:11 PM   #5

Right on thanks. I was looking at the hobbico. Not a fan of hitech. The Savox just seems like a beast.
Old 12-05-2011, 12:27 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by farlok72 View Post
Right on thanks. I was looking at the hobbico. Not a fan of hitech. The Savox just seems like a beast.
That CS170 is a Damn good servo for the price, make sure to use a CC-BEC to have it run at it's full potential. (6v)
khwilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 12:46 PM   #7
no talent hack

Your in San Diego, that alone should be reason enough to get a hitec. If anything happens, you take it to their location in poway, and within a week you will have a replacement in your mail box
Nabil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 01:51 PM   #8

Cool... Thanks for all the info. Yeah I was unaware of hitech being in Poway. I live in Mira Mesa so it's really close.