Default Max Amps C rating

I saw some new add 150c

I would love to see them prove that.
sally1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2011, 03:58 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Buy a pack or 2 and let us know.

While MaxAmps may be OK, I only run Elite LiPO's from CBP. They are cheaper and I have no issues.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 04:13 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie-III View Post
Buy a pack or 2 and let us know.

While MaxAmps may be OK, I only run Elite LiPO's from CBP. They are cheaper and I have no issues.

I would never, I have had Max Amps pack in the past. Puffed almost every one.

The one I didn't Puff Greg "Cowboy" did. But they do have the best price on the market or highest.
Old 12-07-2011, 09:11 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I think it was Chris the Battery Man who did a test on an un-named LiPo brand and found their C rating to be WAY below what they advertise. No names were made on the brand, but everybody knows who we are talking about.
Mides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 09:13 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Link:

While testing Elite against others we found big C Rating trickery
Mides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 09:36 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

I have been running zippys in my crawler and they have held up still hard as the day I bought them!
Macmanthizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 09:52 PM   #7
I'm a stupid C U N T!

Crawlers are about the worst vehicle to test a Battery with, they draw so little amps, if you can notice a differnce with a normal crawler they must be really sh!tty batteries.

I too have not had a Max Amps Batt that was worth a damn. Thunderpower or Hyperion FTW!
slobin3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 09:56 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

they say "true" 150c but i believe they are a 75c pack with 10 second 100c burst and 1 second 150c burst. gotta read the fine print i still don't believe it at all. there was another forum where someone who worked for maxamps was confronted regarding these and he kept beating around the bush saying he was going to post graphs and he never did.
ohh EPiC FAiL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 06:04 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by slobin3d View Post
Crawlers are about the worst vehicle to test a Battery with, they draw so little amps, if you can notice a differnce with a normal crawler they must be really sh!tty batteries.

I too have not had a Max Amps Batt that was worth a damn. Thunderpower or Hyperion FTW!
I have tested in fast truck and crawer or rock racer puffed both

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohh EPiC FAiL View Post
they say "true" 150c but i believe they are a 75c pack with 10 second 100c burst and 1 second 150c burst. gotta read the fine print i still don't believe it at all. there was another forum where someone who worked for maxamps was confronted regarding these and he kept beating around the bush saying he was going to post graphs and he never did.
Because they can say what ever rating they want. I would also love to see some proof.
Old 12-10-2011, 06:15 AM   #10
Rock Crawler

I jus can't see how they sell batteries at the HUGE prices they charge.. I guess it must be the Huge "c" claims in the advertising or the cool stickers the pit in the box. I do know that "cheap" batteries are not a good as quality packs.. But once you get to about $75 for a decent pack the other $75 must be markup. Really.. Who draws 150C anyway.. On a 5000mAh pack that's 650amps.. If I sat on top of a 1/5 electric truck and punched the throttle on that soup can sized castle motor it would not draw 650amps..
Sooo I say stop making huge claims and make a 50c pack thats affordable..

Sent from my highly abused iPhone using Tapatalk
madkawi650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 08:17 AM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by madkawi650 View Post
I jus can't see how they sell batteries at the HUGE prices they charge.. I guess it must be the Huge "c" claims in the advertising or the cool stickers the pit in the box. I do know that "cheap" batteries are not a good as quality packs.. But once you get to about $75 for a decent pack the other $75 must be markup. Really.. Who draws 150C anyway.. On a 5000mAh pack that's 650amps.. If I sat on top of a 1/5 electric truck and punched the throttle on that soup can sized castle motor it would not draw 650amps..
Sooo I say stop making huge claims and make a 50c pack thats affordable..

Sent from my highly abused iPhone using Tapatalk
Why do they sell???? Because some people "drink the purple cool-aid" and believe the marketing hype. Others do it to say they have the best.

If Max-Amps can sell packs, so be it. I prefer to use what works for my needs and my budget. As I've said before, I only use Elite LiPO's from CBP. Never tried to find the same cells from another vendor since I have had great success with CBP.

I will say there IS a difference in driving between poor packs and decent packs. My son & I have run packs with different "C" ratings similar mah and you can tell the difference. The lower "C" packs just don't do it at times.
These are usually for 325mah to ~1600mah packs where "C" means a whole lot more.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 11:32 AM   #12
RCC Addict

I haved owned packs from just about every maker on the market. MA are among the worst I have ever owned.

For true top quality I go with Hyperion or Flight Power. For best bang for the buck I prefer GensAce from Shop for RC Hobby Parts and Upgrades - Digital Servos, Brushless Motors, ESC, LiPo Batteries/Chargers for RC Helicopters, RC Planes, RC Cars, Robots
TexasSP is offline   Reply With Quote