Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: ac6 charger?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2011, 01:07 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default ac6 charger?

Hi guy's quick question to charge some 350mah batterys on my ac6 i cant get it off of 5000mah can i just charge as normal with balancing plug hooked up? and will it not fry so long as its still saying 8.4 volts? thanks!
raw111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-2011, 01:24 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Hmmm i think i figured it out i cant figure heads or tails how to setup programs i have 5000mah 2600mah and 350 mah batterys to charge and it allows to save 5 types
Old 12-09-2011, 01:51 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

my charger has a similar setting, but i shut off the capacity cut-off and the charger can charge any of your batteries, just change the charging amps and let it go. it will only charge the battery till its full, not to the selected mah capacity otherwise you couldnt safely charge the battery if it was still say half charged.
benoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 02:44 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by benoj View Post
my charger has a similar setting, but i shut off the capacity cut-off and the charger can charge any of your batteries, just change the charging amps and let it go. it will only charge the battery till its full, not to the selected mah capacity otherwise you couldnt safely charge the battery if it was still say half charged.
x2 mah don't matter as long as you set the correct battery type and charge rate it will auto peak and stop when it's done. Sounds like you have a 5000mah profile as your default. I have this charger but don't use the profiles because I mostly charge 3s lipo so the settings remain the same regardless of mah. If you have any more questions just post up.
SINister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 06:12 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by SINister View Post
x2 mah don't matter as long as you set the correct battery type and charge rate it will auto peak and stop when it's done. Sounds like you have a 5000mah profile as your default. I have this charger but don't use the profiles because I mostly charge 3S LiPO so the settings remain the same regardless of mah. If you have any more questions just post up.
x3......decent chargers look for a "voltage delta" or "change in pack/cell voltage" to stop the charge......nowhere does it actually detect capacity.
The reason for the capacity in the charger settings is so it can charge LiPO packs @ "1C".

You should put in the correct battery chemistry and cell count for a "safe" charge unless you are using a NiCD/NiMH charge to bring up an over-discharged LiPO pack. But, that's a different discussion.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 08:55 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

ok ya it stops at 8.4 i was just worried that it would somehow overcharge those little tiny batterys charged em both twice and both worked great