Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: wraith brushless motor/esc help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2011, 06:44 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default wraith brushless motor/esc help

heyy guys,

i am getting a wraith for christmas and and wondering on what motor to get for it. ill mainly be crawling/bashing offroad etc. Lots of people said to go with the HH BRXL w/ waterproof ESC and the HH crawlmaster 13T motor. ive been looking through this forum have have seen people use brushless systems for there setups, what is a good brushless setup for my needs, i have never working with brushless and have no idea when it comes to them.

Thanks,
Joel
joelKID984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-14-2011, 06:55 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: wraith brushless motor/esc help

A look through the Wraith forum would be a great place to start.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 07:00 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

thanks man, i thourght electronics would be a more relevant spot to post my question. but that was the fastest reply ive seen.lol
joelKID984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 09:14 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

i'm running the mmp with a novak ballistic 18.5t sensored brushless motor. love it.
hoghead5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 09:21 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelKID984 View Post
thanks man, I thought electronics would be a more relevant spot to post my question. But that was the fastest reply I've seen. lol
This is not a bad section to post, but the Wraith section will have people that tried different combinations in your rig.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 07:43 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

We have just begun shipping our Timbuk2--Wraith Edition BL combo, which has been customized for the Wraith

Quote:
The Axial© Wraith™ 4WD Rock Racer has taken the trails by storm, and Novak has developed a brushless combo to bring out the full potential of this unique, rock-racing vehicle: the Timbuk2 Brushless System - Wraith Edition. This combo is especially suited for the Axial Wraith and other vehicles with a reverse-rotation drive train, and provides faster speeds, higher torque, and more control compared to a standard brushed system. With the Novak Timbuk2 Brushless System-Wraith Edition, there is no need to modify the vehicle’s drive train or program the speed control—simply install and enjoy its newfound power right out of the box!
Quote:

WRAITH-SPECIFIC SOFTWARE

The tiny Wraith-Edition Timbuk2 ESC has been given its own set of default parameters that are suited for the vehicle’s unique drive train. Not only will the ESC rotate the brushless motor in the correct clockwise rotation, but also includes Novak’s exclusive Rock-Boost™. When the vehicle reaches full speed, Rock-Boost™ engages and electronic timing advance is applied to the motor. The Timbuk2 is the first ESC to offer electronic motor timing in BOTH clockwise and counter-clockwise motor rotation modes-another Novak first!

INCLUDED BEC MODULE

Since so many hardcore R/C enthusiasts own an Axial® Wraith™, Novak wanted to be sure the Timbuk2 system had the power you needed. The speed control’s internal heavy-duty 2-amp BEC works great with the stock components, and some heavy-duty servo upgrades. However, when the going gets tough, you may want a little extra juice for your servo and accessory lights. The Timbuk2 Wraith Edition combo also includes a super heavy-duty 5-amp external BEC module. You can run this module in combination with the Timbuk2’s internal BEC for a steering arm bending 7 amps of power!
NovakTwo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brushless, wraith

wraith brushless motor/esc help - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What motor/esc for my Wraith Kit? KraKenRC Axial Wraith 5 10-12-2011 11:59 AM
Wraith Motor and ESC selection neillarson Electronics 2 07-08-2011 06:37 AM
Sidewinder esc and 5700 motor or Traxxas vxl 3s esc with brushless motor? THE CRAWLER KING Newbie General 6 08-22-2010 07:10 AM
Novak Releases "The Goat" brushed/brushless esc and sintered brushless motor Rockpiledriver Electronics 70 09-26-2007 05:59 PM