Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Help dont know what to replace!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2011, 06:22 PM   #1
LSO
Rock Stacker

Default Help dont know what to replace!!!!

So im running a xr10 with 4pl, m2 and integy 35 turn motors. The car stated to just cut out the rear in 4 wheel whenever i came up to an opstical. Now it seams to randomly switch from 4 wheel to front only. witch makes me think esc. but them the rear motor seems slow and when up against a wall in rear only it wont even try to crawl at all just nothin so then i think motor. Not sure how to isolate the problem please help.

Thanks
LSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-21-2011, 06:24 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Help dont know what to replace!!!!

try flipping the motor wires to the opposite motor to see if the motors are having issues or the esc is having issues.

Sounds like esc to me but you wont know until you test some stuff out.
SMR 510RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 06:37 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMR 510RR View Post
Try flipping the motor wires to the opposite motor to see if the motors are having issues or if the ESC is having issues.

Sounds like ESC to me but you won't know until you test some stuff out.
+1.

When you swap the ESC to motor wires, see if the issue remains to a motor or follows the ESC.

My guess is mostly the motor or "maybe" clod stall.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 07:05 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Dude, bust out the cash and get yourself two qaulity ESC's and dump the M2. Then get a pair of brood motors. Just saying! See you at the next comp. Good luck on the electronics.
TedBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 09:51 PM   #5
LSO
Rock Stacker

Quote:
try flipping the motor wires to the opposite motor to see if the motors are having issues or the esc is having issues.

Sounds like esc to me but you wont know until you test some stuff out.
Thats a good idea just the ideas i was looking for thanks
Old 12-21-2011, 09:52 PM   #6
LSO
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEDBULL View Post
Dude, bust out the cash and get yourself two qaulity ESC's and dump the M2. Then get a pair of brood motors. Just saying! See you at the next comp. Good luck on the electronics.
I know thats what i want to do but christmas has kinda killed me cash flow Hope to make the next comp for sure1
Old 12-21-2011, 09:54 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSO View Post
I know thats what i want to do but christmas has kinda killed me cash flow Hope to make the next comp for sure1

I expect to see you there. You got skillz, just gotta get that truck to cooperate.
Old 12-22-2011, 06:26 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Dude, bust out the cash and get yourself two qaulity ESC's and dump the M2. Then get a pair of brood motors.
+1, bestest option!! Especially with Eddie0 "right around the corner". Dual FX-R's are pretty small.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 04:58 PM   #9
LSO
Rock Stacker

So did the switch and heres my conclusion.

rear motor has little power and a definite bad spot on the com
ESC has wicked bad claud stall and the drag brack is no longer working corectly

Dont have the cash for all new electronics right now. But when i do, witch brood motor do you guys like? and whats the low down on the castle side winder? I know FXR's are bad ass but alittle curious on the castle stuff cause there BEC's are so good.
Old 12-22-2011, 06:45 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSO View Post
So did the switch and heres my conclusion.

rear motor has little power and a definite bad spot on the com
ESC has wicked bad claud stall and the drag brack is no longer working corectly

Dont have the cash for all new electronics right now. But when i do, witch brood motor do you guys like? and whats the low down on the castle side winder? I know FXR's are bad ass but alittle curious on the castle stuff cause there BEC's are so good.
Castle stuff is good. But you should always run a external BEC for your servo anyways so dont let that be your deciding factor for ESC. I run a CC BEC on all my crawlers. Best way to protect your RX and ESC and get all the power you need to the servo.

You should give EddieO from Brood a call, PM, or Email. Tell him what you are looking for in a motor and he can explain what will work best for you as he has many differant flavors of motor. I ran a pair of Brood 35T HHK, but then swaped to Brood 45T arms to better suit my driving style.

Eddie can also rebiuld your motors for a very fair price. But, if your arm is shorted you will still be out a motor. No way to know untill you rebuild them and run them under load though. I had some motors that I though were shot, one would stall out and I had to spin it to get the motor rotating. Eddie rebuilt them and they are better than they ever were.

You have a 4ch radio so dual esc's will allow you to take full advantage of your setup. But, a Punk dig works great and is a less expensive way to go with only one ESC. I run a Punk in my 2.2 with a FXR. It works so good I cant bring myself to pull it. I dont have any stall though either. Differant pinions front and rear help.

Last edited by TedBull; 12-22-2011 at 06:47 PM.
Old 12-22-2011, 09:08 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Sidewinders are too big to run duals in my opinion. Go with FXR's or Mamba Micros.

As far as brood motors I have a pair of 35t creep R/T, that is waht Eddie recommended for my berg. I have to say they have not let me down, these things are powerful!
SMR 510RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 10:29 PM   #12
LSO
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Castle stuff is good. But you should always run a external BEC for your servo anyways so dont let that be your deciding factor for ESC. I run a CC BEC on all my crawlers. Best way to protect your RX and ESC and get all the power you need to the servo.

You should give EddieO from Brood a call, PM, or Email. Tell him what you are looking for in a motor and he can explain what will work best for you as he has many differant flavors of motor. I ran a pair of Brood 35T HHK, but then swaped to Brood 45T arms to better suit my driving style.

Eddie can also rebiuld your motors for a very fair price. But, if your arm is shorted you will still be out a motor. No way to know untill you rebuild them and run them under load though. I had some motors that I though were shot, one would stall out and I had to spin it to get the motor rotating. Eddie rebuilt them and they are better than they ever were.

You have a 4ch radio so dual esc's will allow you to take full advantage of your setup. But, a Punk dig works great and is a less expensive way to go with only one ESC. I run a Punk in my 2.2 with a FXR. It works so good I cant bring myself to pull it. I dont have any stall though either. Differant pinions front and rear help.
Ya i do run a CC BEC on my rigs for the servo too.

Ya i will have to talk to him about what will work best for me as far as motors for my driving style.

Do tell me more about this different pinions setup, im interested in what this will do to help stalling.

Thanks for your in put
Old 12-22-2011, 10:30 PM   #13
LSO
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Sidewinders are too big to run duals in my opinion. Go with FXR's or Mamba Micros.

As far as brood motors I have a pair of 35t creep R/T, that is waht Eddie recommended for my berg. I have to say they have not let me down, these things are powerful!
So the micros work on the 1/10th scale stuff no problems?
Old 12-22-2011, 11:05 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

I run 1 tooth smaller pinion in the rear. you could probably even go down two teeth in the rear. It keeps the front motor spinning faster and can help with stall.

Its not as effective as being able to controll dual rate with dual esc's but it can help.

Last edited by TedBull; 12-22-2011 at 11:08 PM.

Help dont know what to replace!!!! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Replace axial 2.4? RCram Electronics 2 06-30-2011 10:28 PM
Trying to replace servo.. ChiefWigman Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 7 06-11-2011 04:27 PM
Looking to replace my HR chassi, but which one? LEWETHETIGER73 General Crawlers 0 11-24-2009 06:03 AM
Upgrade or replace Greatscott Axial AX-10 Scorpion 7 11-15-2009 08:29 PM
Rovers (When is it time to replace them) treday619 Tires and Wheels 20 07-28-2009 07:12 PM