Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Axial servo replace?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2011, 08:06 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Axial servo replace?

Would a Traxxas 2075 servo hook right up and work properly without any modifications?

TowerHobbies.com | 2075 Traxxas Digital High Torque Servo

My stampede 4x4 has this and i love it. Would like to have one on my Wraith too.It being waterproof is a big plus
Fanfor88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2011, 08:29 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Axial servo replace?

Servo's are fairly universal, so it would "work".

Not a lot of power for a wraith to turn. I would run something with higher torque.

I run a 7955TG Hitec on my scaler...never a problem with the wheels turning when I want them to.
Chi Town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 08:38 PM   #3
Proverbial threadkiller

Yup, should be fine. IF it does wind up being just a tad wide, check the underside of the servo mounting plate, one of those mounts should be in an elongated hole, so you should be able to widen them out, if you even need to do so.

Couldn't find any info on tooth count for the output shaft, so no idea on what servo arm you'll need to run, sorry.

Electrically, should be fine.

Why? What'd you do to the Axial one?
Trubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 06:22 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

I didnt do anything to it yet.I just know that its not very good and my Wraith turns like a school bus. I have new Vanquish Titanium Tie rod and end link ordered.I have read alot of ppl loosen the screws on the stock ones about half a turn due to them being so tight and getting binded. I mean i half to do like 50 point turns lol. It`s ridiculous, makes me mad!! Chi Town thanks for the info, but im not gonna pay $100 for a servo in this lifetime.Im a tightwad
Fanfor88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 07:31 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Towerpro MG946 from Hobbyking, $9

15kg torque I believe at 6v, apparently able to handle 7.2v or 7.4v. I ran a 995 and 996 on my supercrawler and they did just fine, the 946 is the newest version and have it on my AX10 and so far it's doing great, even with the stock BEC ginving minimal voltage (4.8??) from the ESC.
AgentXTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 01:57 PM   #6
Proverbial threadkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanfor88 View Post
I didnt do anything to it yet.I just know that its not very good and my Wraith turns like a school bus. I mean i half to do like 50 point turns lol. It`s ridiculous, makes me mad!! Chi Town thanks for the info, but im not gonna pay $100 for a servo in this lifetime. Im a tightwad
Castle Creations' 10 amp BEC can be set to deliver more voltage to the servo, and make it perform a LOT better. If you find a smokin' deal on an upgraded servo down the road, you'll need one anyway. Just a tip, though, seven volts....WAAAAY too much, your servo will not like you, jus' sayin'.

And have you ditched the servo saver, and gone to a rigid servo arm yet? If your truck came with spare parts bags, look in there, it may have come with some of those, for FREE even! I was worried about stripping gears when I tried it, too, hasn't happened yet.

If you really just don't believe you should have to spend money on a BEC and CastleLink, you could do like I did and take a step back 20 years,........ pull the red wire from your ESC's receiver plug, and run a 5 cell receiver pack for a while. Don't bother with those 4 AA holders that come with radio systems, you'll need at least 5 cells. I used a 2S heli LiPo, and my Futaba receiver and AS-2 servo tolerated 8.4 volts for testing, wouldn't do that regularly, though.

So first go with the rigid arm, second, try the receiver pack (if you have one laying around), then if things have improved, crack w/ the $50 and go BEC & CastleLink. That's the way I went. Who knows, may save you from throwing another cheap servo in and getting the same (or worse) results.

Let us know what you find.
Trubble is offline   Reply With Quote

Axial servo replace? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Replace axial 2.4? RCram Electronics 2 06-30-2011 10:28 PM
Trying to replace servo.. ChiefWigman Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 7 06-11-2011 04:27 PM
anyone done this to replace a POT on a servo used for a winch? username Electronics 0 05-06-2009 06:31 PM
which replace steering servo? dmr Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 9 10-23-2008 07:54 PM
TLT axel issues, replace or go Axial axel? Madkoifish Tamiya TLT Crawlers 6 04-27-2008 09:50 AM