Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: metal housing servo from savox MAD INTERFIERENCE.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2011, 01:26 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default metal housing servo from savox MAD INTERFIERENCE.

My servo is chassis mounted via tabs braized to each chassis rail. When I finally hooked everything up everytime I gave it throttle the wheels would turn as advertized but would turn full left as soon as I did... servo is powered via ccbec so didn't get why it did this. So I plugged in a standard axial servo and it worked perfect ... so I removed the savox servo but left it plugged in and it worked... no glitching... so I plasti dipped the whole servo w/ a couple coats and it works now but still not perfect... what exactly is causeing all the interfierence? Bout to switch to the futaba 425oz servo.

Any thought??
kaneohecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2011, 11:33 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: metal housing servo from savox MAD INTERFIERENCE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneohecrawler View Post
My servo is chassis mounted via tabs braized to each chassis rail. When I finally hooked everything up everytime I gave it throttle the wheels would turn as advertized but would turn full left as soon as I did... servo is powered via ccbec so didn't get why it did this. So I plugged in a standard axial servo and it worked perfect ... so I removed the savox servo but left it plugged in and it worked... no glitching... so I plasti dipped the whole servo w/ a couple coats and it works now but still not perfect... what exactly is causeing all the interfierence? Bout to switch to the futaba 425oz servo.

Any thought??
Try running a ground to the reciever from the servo. I had the same problem with my 7980 and that fixed it.
ax-10 crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 11:36 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Great idea. Ive had issues with a Tekin RSPro and savox servos doing the same thing. Never thought of putting a ground in the jump pack to the RX. Awesome!!
RustenPaines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 01:51 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ax-10 crazy View Post
Try running a ground to the reciever from the servo. I had the same problem with my 7980 and that fixed it.
Could you possibly draw up a diagram showing this I'm not quite grasping. I get the idea just not sure exactly how to accomplish said idea.

Thank you for responding. This issue has been really buggin me.

Are you saying the black wire on the bec side needs to attatch to the ground on the rx

Red from bec to servo black from servo to rx instead of back to bec?

Or just add a neg wire going from black on servo to rx as well as a black back to the bec as well? Really can't afford to be out anymore on electronics so I wanna make sure I get this right.

Last edited by kaneohecrawler; 12-30-2011 at 02:04 PM.
Old 12-30-2011, 07:33 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneohecrawler View Post
Could you possibly draw up a diagram showing this I'm not quite grasping. I get the idea just not sure exactly how to accomplish said idea.

Thank you for responding. This issue has been really buggin me.

Are you saying the black wire on the bec side needs to attatch to the ground on the rx

Red from bec to servo black from servo to rx instead of back to bec?

Or just add a neg wire going from black on servo to rx as well as a black back to the bec as well? Really can't afford to be out anymore on electronics so I wanna make sure I get this right.
Yes, either idea.......
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 11:33 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Thx guys for the help. That worked perfect. Just spliced a wire into the neg on servo and ran it to neg on steering channel of rx no more glitching and seems to have more turning force as well. Again guys thank you for this fix I was about to flip out when I couldn't stop the issue. I'm glad I caount on guys on here to help out when a person has a problem. As I'm sure most people feel that way. Again guys a big thx.

metal housing servo from savox MAD INTERFIERENCE. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
metal Axle housing Replacements? Absurd Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 1 09-09-2011 04:28 AM
savox servo weese78 RC4WD Bully 5 01-22-2011 12:33 PM
Savox servo?? mnypit71 Electronics 4 01-10-2011 10:23 PM
metal tranny housing with VF dig unit........ bob1961 Axial AX-10 Scorpion 13 05-11-2008 09:12 PM