Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: GT3B new feature idea(s) thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2011, 12:12 AM   #1
Got Worms?

Default GT3B new feature idea(s) thread

Post up any idea's for new features or how to improve on the current ones.

Overkillrc is going to start offering its own firmware here soon. Using the current 0.4.1 as its base. First new feature will be course timers. Count down and count up. t'll also have programmable audio indicators
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-2011, 12:18 AM   #2
Defy Gravity

Default Re: GT3B new feature idea(s) thread

well, while using mine, the button mods to the sliders that you brought up in the hack thread, a skin template to replace the flysky ones (i'm gonna sick my vinyl guy on that after my body is done) and a sized screen protector would be great. maybe a full replacement battery tray to run a lipo pack as well.
ghtpdm5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 12:21 AM   #3
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghtpdm5 View Post
well, while using mine, the button mods to the sliders that you brought up in the hack thread, a skin template to replace the flysky ones (i'm gonna sick my vinyl guy on that after my body is done) and a sized screen protector would be great. maybe a full replacement battery tray to run a lipo pack as well.

I meant firmware wise, but physically its good to know as well.

Battery tray for lipo? hows that work? Just remove the current try and put a lipo in the box. I am looking into getting foam cut outs though to keep it from moving
Old 12-31-2011, 12:31 AM   #4
Defy Gravity

ahh, i see. i'll putz around and see if i find any glitches and report them, so far its been flawless. and yeah, tray, foam, whatever for the lipo tray. my main concern is that it'll flop around in there without something in there.
Old 12-31-2011, 12:49 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

how about a way to save the model settings. this way when we reflash the firmware, nothing is lost.

isl there a way to program the 2 position buttons for off and on??? you can turn off and on the lights from the receiver using the batteries voltage..this way there is no need for external batteries for lights.

do like the count up or down timers.
squatch71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 01:16 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

I have a stock GT3b so forgive me if this already works...

How about being able to program button function and stuff from a Windows program. My Nomadios are good for this feature. Works like the Castle link software.

The 3 character interface leaves me baffled. Its like trying to program an older ESC with tone beeps.

I really would like to try to hack the one I have. Just scared of the limited display confusing me even worse with all the new features. The more you add the more confusing it will be.

You would impress the shit out of me if you could make this happen.
BurnLatex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 01:19 AM   #7
Defy Gravity

go back a page or 2 to my review of the radio, i did a full programming write up in there.
Old 12-31-2011, 01:50 AM   #8
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnLatex View Post
I have a stock GT3b so forgive me if this already works...

How about being able to program button function and stuff from a Windows program. My Nomadios are good for this feature. Works like the Castle link software.

The 3 character interface leaves me baffled. Its like trying to program an older ESC with tone beeps.

I really would like to try to hack the one I have. Just scared of the limited display confusing me even worse with all the new features. The more you add the more confusing it will be.

You would impress the shit out of me if you could make this happen.
3 digits display is easy to use. I'm working a manual right now that is a full out explains everything in detail but easy to understand.

I'd like todo a pc program, it's 100% possible, BUT i have no idea how to create a program or know anyone who could do this
Old 12-31-2011, 01:51 AM   #9
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by squatch71 View Post
how about a way to save the model settings. this way when we reflash the firmware, nothing is lost.

isl there a way to program the 2 position buttons for off and on??? you can turn off and on the lights from the receiver using the batteries voltage..this way there is no need for external batteries for lights.

do like the count up or down timers.
You would need an external device hooked up to the rx. I think heyok sells a switch for this.
Old 12-31-2011, 08:14 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
is there a way to program the 2 position buttons for off and on??? you can turn off and on the lights from the receiver using the batteries voltage..this way there is no need for external batteries for lights..
Quote:
Originally Posted by losikid View Post
You would need an external device hooked up to the rx. I think heyok sells a switch for this.
Thanks for the mention, Austin!

To remotely control your lighting etc, click the link in my sig and then scroll down to "Power Switching" you will be on your way.

Last edited by heyok; 12-31-2011 at 11:25 AM. Reason: 'cause I forget people's names! Fixed now.
heyok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 11:23 AM   #11
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyok View Post
Thanks for the mention, Justin!

To remotely control your lighting etc, click the link in my sig and then scroll down to "Power Switching" you will be on your way.
Austin
Old 12-31-2011, 11:24 AM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Austin
Oh, crap! Sorry. I'll fix it!
heyok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 01:52 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

ok, thats pretty bad ass.
Old 12-31-2011, 03:45 PM   #14
Got Worms?

Quote:
ok, thats pretty bad ass.
Yea,

Its impossible todo this via radio/rx because the radio doesn't control the voltage going to the servo's or esc or anything like that. It actually outputs a signal to them.

So you need a an external device to switch the power on/off. Basically what will happen is the signal travels to a micro controller and that micro controller turns a FET or something else on/off to let the power flow through the lines. Its a real simple circuit if you know how to program a micro controller.
Old 12-31-2011, 04:32 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Good this was mentioned . I just got off heyok's link as I know what planning to buy next for lighting!!

Btw skins and grip rubbers could be kool to do for this radio, I know off topic....
skinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 05:05 PM   #16
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinner View Post

Btw skins and grip rubbers could be kool to do for this radio, I know off topic....
I'm sure you could contact one of our skin vendors for skins.
Old 12-31-2011, 07:21 PM   #17
RCC Addict

Few very quick thoughts.
1. Losikid. Thanks for being so committed to this. You are on to something.
2. The "framerate" or speed of this radio has been metioned before, and I don't think much can be done about it, but it would be cool if that was something that could be sped up. Would broaden the reach of this radio for sure.
3. I think it would be way cool to be able to program throttle epa's to a thumb switch for a mini or even 2.2 shafty setup. This way you could caiibrate at 120. Drive it consistantly at 100 to broaden the slow speed control but quickly ramp up to 120 to make jumps or stuff like that. This might already be doable. so forgive me if I missed that.
4. This radio flashing thing is not hard but it is a bit advanced for some of us who are not very techno savy. If you could have a windows program that was somewhat "castle link" like would be increadible as It would open up the potential of this radio more to us mortals.
RickM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 08:37 PM   #18
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickM View Post
Few very quick thoughts.
1. Losikid. Thanks for being so committed to this. You are on to something.
2. The "framerate" or speed of this radio has been metioned before, and I don't think much can be done about it, but it would be cool if that was something that could be sped up. Would broaden the reach of this radio for sure.
3. I think it would be way cool to be able to program throttle epa's to a thumb switch for a mini or even 2.2 shafty setup. This way you could caiibrate at 120. Drive it consistantly at 100 to broaden the slow speed control but quickly ramp up to 120 to make jumps or stuff like that. This might already be doable. so forgive me if I missed that.
4. This radio flashing thing is not hard but it is a bit advanced for some of us who are not very techno savy. If you could have a windows program that was somewhat "castle link" like would be increadible as It would open up the potential of this radio more to us mortals.
2. Its a hardware limitation. I could replace the flysky 2.4 with something else that has a fater latency BUT it gets pricey
3.Already possible...although i'd suggjest some expo
4.If i knew how or knew someone who knew how, i'd have a pc program for it. BUT i don't know. But the program is 100% possible. If pc programming does happen, i'm looking into a blue tooth setup so they can also be programmed via a android phone...although a pc program won't make flashing any easier. You'd still be opening a program, opening a file, pressing program. It be the exact same steps
Old 12-31-2011, 11:18 PM   #19
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Its impossible todo this via radio/rx because the radio doesn't control the voltage going to the servo's or esc or anything like that. It actually outputs a signal to them.

So you need a an external device to switch the power on/off. Basically what will happen is the signal travels to a micro controller and that micro controller turns a FET or something else on/off to let the power flow through the lines. Its a real simple circuit if you know how to program a micro controller.
this is what I was thinking, if you ran the power through the receiver..and the signal could be switched off and on--but what your saying is its a constant power...signal is just on,off...etc...two different things...gotcha

cool looking manual
Old 01-01-2012, 12:09 AM   #20
Got Worms?

Quote:
this is what I was thinking, if you ran the power through the receiver..and the signal could be switched off and on--but what your saying is its a constant power...signal is just on,off...etc...two different things...gotcha

cool looking manual
the signal actually pulses a burst of power between 1-2ms long 50 times per second

It would be possible to run like one led on/off from a rx but this isn't an ideal setup

GT3B new feature idea(s) thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread losikid Electronics 4922 09-23-2023 07:34 AM
New idea thread? Vp Monkey Vanquish Products 946 04-03-2023 08:29 AM
Backyard with new feature(s)... toyofast Scale Videos! 7 03-02-2010 06:12 PM
Where'd the search feature go?? jnaarnold Comments, Suggestions, and Help 17 10-25-2008 06:59 AM