Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: tekin fxr setting????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2012, 08:39 PM   #1

Default tekin fxr setting????

new to crawling and i cant find a good starting point for my esc settings. i am using tekin fxr with 55t tekin motors. i attached the hotshot and not sure what to put the settings at. any help is great thanks.
Sorokoaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2012, 09:58 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: tekin fxr setting????

There isnt really much you need to do other than making sure it is in instant reverse mode and setting your lipo cutoff assuming that you are running lipo. Those are rather self explanatory.

The only other thing you really NEED to adjust is the drag brake setting, obviously this will depend on your crawler and preference but I like a setting of about 75%. I like it to hold on an incline/decline but not stop on a dime when I lift off the throttle. You will have to play with it a bit to see what you like.

The only other thing I mess with is the dead band, I usually tighten it up a bit but again that is personal preference.

If your radio has exponential then I would leave the linear throttle curves and adjust to your liking on the radio rather than with the esc as the esc's profiles are rather limited.

I think that about covers it.

EDIT:
I see that you are using dual ESC's...In that case I like to run the drag on my front esc slightly lower than the rear, I have my front at about 50% and the rear at 75%. This helps make sure that on the declines that the front wont lock up as easily and flip you over. Again this is all personal preference so you will have to play with it and see what you like.

Last edited by SMR 510RR; 01-02-2012 at 10:00 PM.
SMR 510RR is offline   Reply With Quote

tekin fxr setting???? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
tekin fxr lipo cut off setting dusty sweep Electronics 16 06-12-2016 03:30 PM
Mamba Max , Tekin FXR or Tekin FXR PRO? TheHeadHunter Electronics 21 06-21-2012 08:15 AM
FXR setting blingg Electronics 0 10-30-2011 04:58 PM
Tekin Hotwire setting and xr10, fxr dual bikeboy Electronics 2 04-03-2011 09:57 AM
setting of TEKIN FXR souler EnRoute Berg 9 07-04-2010 11:56 AM