Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: futaba R603FF rx unbinding with cc 10a bec?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2012, 01:27 PM   #1

Default futaba R603FF rx unbinding with cc 10a bec?

i have a futaba 2.4 4pk with the R603FF receiver, castle 10a bec set to 6v, and a tekin rspro esc. both steering and winch servos are hitec 7955tg. the esc's red wire is pulled from the tekin going to the rx, with the esc's switch turned on permanently. the bec (6 volts) is wired to the deans connector and plugged into the batt (b/c) port on the rx. ive wired all my rigs this way and never have had an issue.

while running this weekend, i got into a severe wheel bind with the servo cranked. VERY soon after, the truck jittered for a second and then quit. upon inspection, initially there were flashing lights on the receiver, then no lights at all.

however, the cc bec's green light was still on, and the tekin rspro would chime for the motor connection but failed to chime for the rx connection. no power to servos. it was too darn cold to try anything at the trails, although in hindsight i sure wish i would have tried to re-bind the rx...

anyhoo, when i got home, i swapped out the futaba rx for a specktrum, binded it, and it worked. so then i thought maybe the futaba just unbound itself and it also worked after binding it again.

ive read that you should pull the orange wire from the castle bec, could that be doing anything funky to the rx and making it not work? ive never had an issue with running the servos thru the rx with a castle bec, and ive never cut the orange wire on the cc bec. but it has always been with a spektrum rx and not a futaba.

maybe somebody knows whats going on? hopefully i make sense...
any help would be appreciated.
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2012, 05:38 PM   #2

Default Re: futaba R603FF rx unbinding with cc 10a bec?

well all my speculation on unbinding and whatnot ended being speculation...

rx shutting off due to a fried winch servo... musta bumped the switch by accident.
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote

futaba R603FF rx unbinding with cc 10a bec? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
@@@ Castle Creations 10A BEC Giveaway! @@@ y2kgtp General Crawlers 436 02-13-2011 07:54 AM
Futaba R603FF, BEC, and Dig unit kodiakbear7070 Electronics 3 07-07-2010 11:21 AM