Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Recommend me a dual lipo charger?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2012, 04:43 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Recommend me a dual lipo charger?

Hi guy's I am looking at picking up a 1/10 summit. I Would like to find a dual Battery charger for 2 battery's at once. Can anyone recommend good ones?
I am currently using an imax b6 and have considered buying a 2nd of those. But a all in one would be much easier on the workbench. The Duratrax onyx dual charger as well as a venom, look like they would fit the bill. A lil cheaper would be better. But they are ones i would definetly consider. Thanks guys!
raw111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2012, 06:30 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Recommend me a dual lipo charger?

I'm not aware of many dual battery chargers but I have seen the Hitec X4 and the "clones" of that charger. That would probably be the way I would go if you wanted a multi battery charger.

I currently have two cheap chargers from HobbyKing that I have been using for a couple years. If the X4 clones were out when I bought them I probably would have gone with those.

Hitec X4
Hitec X4 Four-Channel Multicharger (6S/6A/50W) [HRC44151] | Electric Accessories - A Main Hobbies

Hobbypartz clone
Thunder T6 Multi-LiPo Battery Charger (4X 6-Cell) Professional Balance Charger/DisCharger w/ LCD Display

HobbyKing clone
HobbyKing R/C Hobby Store : HobbyKing ECO 4 x 6S Lithium Polymer Multi Charger

From my understanding these are all basically the same. You are just paying extra for the name and support on the Hitec unit.
SMR 510RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 06:09 PM   #3

Smile Re: Recommend me a dual lipo charger?

Just picked up the hitec x4. Great charger, charges 4 different batteries at once and has built in power supply. Not the cheapest, but well worth the money i think.
Smellslikenitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 06:15 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

The Hitec X2 is bad ass but you're going to need a power supply which you can rob off a PC power supply for cheap...'

TowerHobbies.com | 44164 Hitec Ultima X2 Dual Port Charger
alexchen86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 07:26 PM   #5
RCC Addict

I have been looking myself. The Hitec and hobby king versions are great if your charging small lipo batteries, but they only do 50 watts.

Charge power: 50watts, current is regulated accordingly
e.g. 11.1V battery, charge current approx. 4.5A
e.g. 22.2V battery, charge current approx. 2.2A

So if your charging a 1500 3s lipo your covered. If your charging a 6s 5000 truggy lipo its gonna take a while. Hitec 2 port mentioned would be the better option for larger mah, and cell count lipos.

The majority if what I do is 2s 5000 short course batteries, and small 3s and 4s lipos. I do have a couple of 3s 5000 batteried for my wraith, but it they take a bit longer I could live with it.

I really want the Hitec 4 channel with built in power supply. It was shown on one of the magazine websites a few months back at $169 street price and I was sold. But it is not that low, and until hobby king/partz sell it at half price I will keep waiting. It really depends on how long you want to wait for your batteries if you charge larger lipos.

Plus don't forget the extra $80 on a power supply if your dont have one. I just ordered the Trak Power from tower for $75 on easy pay, the price went up as I was typing to $89.99( I love easy pay, if the hitec at $ 219 was on easy pay I would have it right now.) Great power supply. I ordered a $40 from hobby partz and it lasted about 3 minutes. I need to send it back.
The Violator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 07:34 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by raw111 View Post
Hi guy's I am looking at picking up a 1/10 summit. I Would like to find a dual Battery charger for 2 battery's at once. Can anyone recommend good ones?
I am currently using an imax b6 and have considered buying a 2nd of those. But a all in one would be much easier on the workbench. The Duratrax onyx dual charger as well as a venom, look like they would fit the bill. A lil cheaper would be better. But they are ones i would definetly consider. Thanks guys!
Hyperion EOS 720i Super DUO 3. Most phenomenal/versatile/powerful charger on the market, hands down! There IS NO other charger in my opinion. Worth every penny!
Check it out: Hyperion Catalog
DiggyStyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:33 AM   #7
Pebble Pounder

I race and crawl, I run the Orion Twin Spec Charger after trying the Hyperions and the X4 and find that the Orion Suits me better and I love the Data link availability!
Super Charger and in My opinion after doing this for 15 years, the best one out!

Team Orion Advantage Twin Spec DC Charger (LiPo/LiFe) | eBay
K1llerRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:40 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

One thing's for sure...Ask 20 people, you get 20 different answers.
DiggyStyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 10:16 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

The Onyx 245 is an great dual charger! It can only handle up to 2S lipo but for me that is fine. I use the Onyx 5000mah 2S 25C lipo hard cases. This charger for the price is awesome. Can charge nicd, nimh, lion and lipo. It can do different ones at the same time. I even have it charge my TX batteries in my TX using a home-made adapter. It kicks butt for my application!
ZippoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 11:39 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZippoMan View Post
The Onyx 245 is an great dual charger! It can only handle up to 2S lipo but for me that is fine. I use the Onyx 5000mah 2S 25C lipo hard cases. This charger for the price is awesome. Can charge nicd, nimh, lion and lipo. It can do different ones at the same time. I even have it charge my TX batteries in my TX using a home-made adapter. It kicks butt for my application!
It can actually go up to 3s, just put one in my ebay cart.
offroad1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 03:39 PM   #11

I have a Duratrax Onyx 245 charger as well. it also comes with tons of adapters, it can charge 2 of almost any battery at the same time. Doesn't matter what it is. It's a one stop charging station. I use it primarily for TRA connector 2s lipos and 7 cell stick packs.

Amazon.com: Duratrax Onyx 245 AC/DC Charger w/Balancing: Toys & Games

Last edited by blackn0va; 03-11-2012 at 03:41 PM. Reason: added other features
blackn0va is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 03:44 PM   #12
cherry bomb

if you don't need to charge large lipos quickly, I recomend a couple iMax B6's they are so cheap, buying 2 of them is alot cheaper then one 2x charger. (thats what I did for a long time)

or even this charger, the genuine B6 is in stock ($24.99), the clone is out of stock ($16.99)

the HK eco6 is the same thing.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...cessories.html

I needed a charger that could charge 5000mah 4s packs at atleast 1c so I needed to get some better chargers

a friend recomeneded this 2 x 200w charger to me

HobbyKing R/C Hobby Store : Turnigy Mega 200Wx2 Battery charger/discharger (400w) V2

I didn't buy it, I bought two of these instead, exact specs, but cheaper in the end.

HobbyKing R/C Hobby Store : Turnigy A-6-10 200W Balance charger & discharger

very happy with them so far.

edit: like said you will need a power supply, I use this power supply, powering 2 iMax B6's and 2 Turnigy A-6-10's, (you will not be able to charge with both chargers at 10a using the one power supply however, this is not an issue for me since I have no need to ever charge above 5A)

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...40V_220W_.html

despite what it says, it works just fine on 110v

Last edited by fred0000; 03-11-2012 at 03:50 PM.
fred0000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 06:33 PM   #13
Rock Stacker

I got a turnigy 400w single charger that will do 6cell and it works great. You do need a power supply and I do realize your looking for a duel but a single 6cell charger will charge 3 2cell or 2 3cell bats at one time if you use the proper charge adaptors and balance plug adaptors. Also you can still of course charge one at 20amp if desired where as a turnigy 200w duel can only charge 10 amps per side. So a single can be better to have.
Crawler King69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Recommend me a dual lipo charger? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Please recommend a charger? Jay2380 Electronics 29 02-21-2010 11:37 AM
Recommend a Lipo charger/balancer. BigB_117 Electronics 11 02-16-2009 07:18 PM
Dual 3s Lipo/Dual Sidwinders/Dual 4400KV Inrunners Setup Help Needed. TheHeadHunter Electronics 16 08-17-2008 05:21 AM
Recommend me a charger crawlmaxx Electronics 40 05-17-2008 10:32 PM
recommend me a good peak aa charger... roadblock Electronics 2 11-16-2006 06:30 PM