Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Mamba Max Pro Settings for Losi Night Crawler?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2012, 07:43 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Mamba Max Pro Settings for Losi Night Crawler?

Hey guys,

I got my Mamba Max Pro in and started programming it for my LNC, which still has my stock brushed motor and a new Futaba 2104 receiver with my 4PL. Here's the screen shots I took of my settings. I'd love to hear from the experts if it's good to go or I need to change something:

Thanks for the help guys,

Chris
ravencr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2012, 07:54 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Mamba Max Pro Settings for Losi Night Crawler?

well, I think it is good to go
btw, there are only two setting that I have is 213% for drag brake and 100% for brake, but it depends on what u like...
rcscaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 07:55 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

I set mine to zero, because I thought with the worm gears I didn't need the drag brake or brake, correct?

Chris
Old 01-17-2012, 08:05 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Another thing I'd like to know is if I'll need to run my CC BEC with my new MMP in conjunction with my Hitec 7955? Right now I do run the BEC with the stock electronics, because they suck. But, I noticed that the MMP has an internal BEC...I'm just wondering if it will be strong enough to handle it all or if I'd still be better off running the BEC? And, if so, how is the proper way to attach the BEC to the MMP and Futaba 2104 receiver? Thanks,

Chris
Old 01-17-2012, 08:48 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

oh yeah...u are right

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravencr View Post
I set mine to zero, because I thought with the worm gears I didn't need the drag brake or brake, correct?

Chris

well, always good to have CC BEC with steering servo, and what I did is I am using "Receiver bypass adapter" for all my rigs.
here is the thread from Chris_The_Battery_Man under vendor market section, this is really easy for ur setup.
Receiver bypass adapter

you can bypass the power going to the receiver from the BEC, directly into the servo. Then you power the receiver with 1 of the ESC's. This keeps load off your receiver, and supplies power better to the servo. You plug the BEC into the side without the white wire, the servo into the other side, then the male plug into the servo channel on the receiver.

maybe other people got another setup.... well, I am not trying to promote this product now, but this is what I am using now and I felt very happy with it as far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravencr View Post
Another thing I'd like to know is if I'll need to run my CC BEC with my new MMP in conjunction with my Hitec 7955? Right now I do run the BEC with the stock electronics, because they suck. But, I noticed that the MMP has an internal BEC...I'm just wondering if it will be strong enough to handle it all or if I'd still be better off running the BEC? And, if so, how is the proper way to attach the BEC to the MMP and Futaba 2104 receiver? Thanks,

Chris

Last edited by rcscaler; 01-17-2012 at 08:52 AM.
rcscaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:00 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

all your setting look god for your lnc. i would use the bec since you already have it. either hooking it to the rx or the above method will work fine for a 7955. i used to run it through the rx with no issues but have gone to the above method aftr making my own harness from an old y adapter and still no issues
benoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:12 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

K, I'll use it, but I'm trying to figure out what exactly is different using the above method versus what CC sends with the BEC and disconnecting the red wire, etc?

Chris

Mamba Max Pro Settings for Losi Night Crawler? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Setting up my Mamba Max Pro for LCC...anyone have baseline settings? goldmember Team Losi Comp Crawler 30 03-07-2011 01:47 PM
Mamba Max Pro cheat mode on the losi? DeadlySwan Team Losi Comp Crawler 4 02-26-2011 07:33 PM
Losi Xcelorin 21.5 Crawler Motor/Mamba Max Pro Needboost Team Losi Comp Crawler 10 07-05-2010 08:38 AM
Mamba Max Pro Settings Raney120 Electronics 5 10-27-2009 03:46 PM
Mamba Max Settings... WVB Newbie General 1 09-01-2008 11:03 AM