Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Need help ASAP Please !

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2012, 08:19 AM   #1

Default Need help ASAP Please !

hi, I have a Tamiya CR-01 Chassis newly bought, was told to get a futaba MC231CR ESC. I have the 4PKS, Can I have my brakes on in neutral so my truck doesn't move anywhere?

I can still change the ESC If I let them know tomorrow. I am running the stock RS540. Should I change the lot for a brushless. the next problem is where I am they only have Tamiya and Futaba products :(.

In the end I just want the brakes to be on in neutral. I am in ASIA for 1 year and bough tthis so i wouldnt go crazy untill I get home to my Modded clod !!

Please help
eddie79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2012, 08:38 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Need help ASAP Please ! for Aussie crawler ESC

Really weak looking BEC (tech notes at bottom of link), not sure if it's a good drag brake.
It appears this is an older ESC, based on what I read, it would NOT be my 1st choice, but I have not run it either.....Link.... HOBBY ZONE - Hobby Zone - MC230CR ESC w/Reverse 20+T

No LiPO cutoff, looks like a max of 6cell NiMH, etc.

There are quite a few Aussie guys on here, I'm sure they can help source a better ESC.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 08:49 AM   #3

Default Re: Need help ASAP Please !

Thanks for the fast reply ! Yes that's the one, They aklso paired me up with 2xBLS 352 Servo's for 4ws. These servos only run on nicad? I chose them out of their bunch of futaba servos for the higher torque.

Do you think I am better of returning BEC and getting a brushless system? and the will these nicad servos work with that?'

I am in the philippines for 1 year with my wife and child, and it's like pullinjg teeth to even find a store here let alone getting info out of them! They have a really stocked futaba and tamiya product line. If I had the choice i would go a novak crawler ESC and be done with it. The prices are cheaper than australia for a burshless setup but again how does that work with my nicad only servos :( and what is a good brushless for crawling? I use brushless at home for my race car and have no clue for a crawler!

Any help is really really appreciated as i need to go back there tomorrow if i want to exchange or refund anything as here its rare to even exchange anything. I will be driving 2 hours just to get there too lol
eddie79 is offline   Reply With Quote

Need help ASAP Please ! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need help ASAP!!! dragrcr Redcat Crawlers 14 01-30-2010 05:28 AM
help asap hende Electronics 3 01-21-2010 06:10 PM
Help asap IDnewcrwlr Newbie General 6 02-18-2009 10:53 PM
Need to know ASAP crawladan Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 2 12-29-2008 05:57 PM