RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Electronics (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/)
-   -   should i use a bec w s2? (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/361639-should-i-use-bec-w-s2.html)

jcsaxial 01-22-2012 08:51 PM

should i use a bec w s2?

Is there a need for a bec when useing a 2s lipo? I have read in other threads that when using 3s and a servo over 200oz that its mandatory but havent seen anything on a 2s setup.

old man 52 01-22-2012 08:55 PM

Re: should i use a bec w s2?

Well it depends on your esc and servo combind, or if you have a dig servo.

Duuuuuuuude 01-22-2012 08:59 PM

If you have to ask, then yes, you need one. :ror:

A bec is never a bad idea. It allows you to bump up the voltage going to your servo, giving you more turning power. Even a 2s powered rig will benefit from it.

Hell, I've got one on my short course truck. "thumbsup"

jcsaxial 01-22-2012 09:06 PM

Im runnin the stock axial for now but lookin for a good lower priced high torque for replacement in the neer future. I would go 3s but the past 2 fxr tekin hace crapped out on me while tryin so i figure 2s might be safer on the esc but ive been runnin a rooster for now.

Duuuuuuuude 01-22-2012 09:10 PM

There are a couple threads going about inexpensive servos...it'd be worth your time to browse through them.

jcsaxial 01-22-2012 09:20 PM

I seen the one for the 25 dollar one but i cant seem to find it again but still lookin

Illeagle 01-22-2012 09:21 PM

We need to know more info about your setup. Here is a thread that might help.

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/losi-...run-setup.html

Duuuuuuuude 01-22-2012 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illeagle (Post 3524119)
We need to know more info about your setup. Here is a thread that might help.

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/losi-...run-setup.html

He's looking for a low cost servo. I don't know of many (or any) that are considered high voltage.

Otherwise I agree with you about not needing one in that instance.

Trubble 01-22-2012 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude (Post 3524240)
He's looking for a low cost servo. I don't know of many (or any) that are considered high voltage.

Not sure what the "low cost" threshold is, but I just ordered one of these today. Not top of the line, well aware, but for the price? Should do well enough to get me by, I hope.

Krawler23 01-23-2012 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcsaxial (Post 3524079)
Im runnin the stock axial for now but lookin for a good lower priced high torque for replacement in the neer future. I would go 3s but the past 2 fxr tekin hace crapped out on me while tryin so i figure 2s might be safer on the esc but ive been runnin a rooster for now.

Were you using a 3s without a bec? If you didnt use one thats probably why it fried.

AX10wannabe 01-23-2012 01:12 PM

no you dont NEED a BEC when running 2s lipo. but if you want to run one than do it. my friends and i are running high torque servo's (1 friend and i have 7955TG and other friend has a 5954 or something) but none of us are running BEC's and have plenty of power as long as the speed controller can handle it. we are running 2s lipo's also. im swapping in my novak rooster crawler today and i will be fine.

if your running a stock servo you have plenty of power going to it without a bec.

Duuuuuuuude 01-23-2012 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AX10wannabe (Post 3525243)
no you dont NEED a BEC when running 2s lipo.

none of us are running BEC's and have plenty of power as long as the speed controller can handle it.

That is a bit contradictory. First you say you don't need it, then you say you might. :ror:

jcsaxial 01-23-2012 02:23 PM

im lookin at a hightec but im not sure the modle # its like 206oz non digital but waterproof ill get a modle # here shortly

AX10wannabe 01-23-2012 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude (Post 3525265)
That is a bit contradictory. First you say you don't need it, then you say you might. :ror:

haha i guess eh?:lmao: but you can run a high torque servo and with or without one. it depends on how much power your using,steering servo and servo winch or winch controller then yes you'll want to run one.some people run them some people dont. if i can get away without running one that i'll do that just to minimize the amount of wiring.

Duuuuuuuude 01-23-2012 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AX10wannabe (Post 3525552)
haha i guess eh?:lmao: but you can run a high torque servo and with or without one. it depends on how much power your using,steering servo and servo winch or winch controller then yes you'll want to run one.some people run them some people dont. if i can get away without running one that i'll do that just to minimize the amount of wiring.

Very true. To me though, paying $20 for a stronger servo and reliable power is worth every penny.

jcsaxial 01-23-2012 05:18 PM

Alright its a 645 mg that im pickin up tonight. So its a definite on a winch for a bec or servo winch what brand do you recomend and can you split it to run winch and steering or would i have to get two if i go that rout

Krawler23 01-23-2012 07:58 PM

You can always waterproof any servo so dont let the waterproof label make or break ya.

jcsaxial 01-23-2012 08:43 PM

Im getin it fairly cheap i just cant see spendin $100+ on one yet still new to the whole thing dont get me wrong id love to get that savox 400oz but dm thats alot