Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Tekin Fxr.. No power to motor??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2012, 08:59 AM   #1

Default Tekin Fxr.. No power to motor??

I resently bought two fxr esc`s for my Crawler rigs,one for my 1.9 and one for my 2.2 sportsman..
I upgraded both to software v 3.0.. So far so good... This thursday,i was driving around on the floor testing pinions,when i found out,it was going faster in reverse,than forwards.. So i ran a uppgrade,an re calibrated it.... After that it was dead....
Everything on th esc is functioning a ok,but there is no throttle respons at all after this,no power out to the engine???? But what is really funny,is that the other esc,is just like it? And it has never been ran at all,just powered it on,to see that it worked?? Can someone please help me,before im going insane? hehehe.....
Raw_Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2012, 09:21 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Tekin Fxr.. No power to motor??

i had the same problem with mine, the RX wasnt getting the signal from the radio so i had to reprogram it. hope this helps
crawlhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 09:37 AM   #3

It is getting signals,everything on the esc is working as they should,but there is just no current out to motor.... Im now sitting here doing self test/factory reset,i am on number 8 of those so far,hehe...
It seems to me that it might have locked it self up,or something.... Everything is a bit strange....
Old 02-05-2012, 10:29 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Does it initialize properly when you turn it on? If the ESC doesnt see neutral when it starts it wont initialize and then you wont be able to go anywhere.

Is anything blinking on the ESC when this is happening?
SMR 510RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 10:44 AM   #5

The startup is : leds,1,4,6 blinks 3 times,then led 4 is on,flashing on led1.... But no sound at all from the esc...
Old 02-05-2012, 11:52 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raw_Power View Post
The startup is : leds,1,4,6 blinks 3 times,then led 4 is on,flashing on led1.... But no sound at all from the esc...
Seems as it is your motor causing problems, check your motor to see if your brushes are good and that they are making contact with the comm. Or if you have another motor swap that in, to test your motor you can use a couple AA batteries taped end to end and then just touch the ends to the wires off the motor.

The sound is actually made by the motor, the esc just pulses the motor to make the sound. The LED codes seem to be normal operation, 146 flashing is normal startup I believe (no note of it in error codes) and 4 on 1 flashing is telling you the heat of the esc (low).

As for your rig going faster in reverse than forwards that may not be a ESC issue at all, it could also be a motor timing issue and you can find tons of information on it if you search for motor timing on here.
Old 02-05-2012, 12:02 PM   #7

I have just went over all the wiring,all the way from bat to esc,motor to esc and rx to esc,and i hocked up a bat to the motor direct,and it runs flawlesly...
Old 02-05-2012, 01:46 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raw_Power View Post
I have just went over all the wiring,all the way from bat to esc,motor to esc and rx to esc,and i hocked up a bat to the motor direct,and it runs flawlesly...
Hmm, have you thought about re flashing it back to the firmware you ran successfully just to make sure that isnt the problem? I am just about out of ideas.

You sure its plugged into the correct port and everything?
Old 02-05-2012, 02:39 PM   #9

Yep.. it`s plugged in to Ch2 on my R614FF... And i have tried V2.8 and V2.9... I have also done modelreset on my 4pks,just do have done that,as well.. No luck at all.... I have officially ran out of ideas... I have been in this hobby 15ish years,but never have i counter a problem like this,hehe....
Old 02-05-2012, 05:18 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

You could try running it off of the steering channel just to eliminate a strange radio problem, short of that I am out of ideas. It might be time to give Tekin a call a see what they say.

Have you checked the monitor screen on your radio to make sure that it is indeed sending out the throttle signal? Easy way to test would be to put a servo in CH 2 and make sure it works as it should.

It seems that the ESC is not arming, if the neutral signal is out of range then it wont arm and ring. Maybe try opening up the dead band or neutral width, I cant remember what Tekin calls it but it should be one of those or something similar.

Here is something interesting that I havent seen before...ESC self test mode, it might be worth a shot to see if there is something wrong with it.

The FX series has a built-in self-test mode that checks all major
systems on the speed control. Before using the self-test mode, be
sure the rear wheels are free to spin (o the ground). To activate
the self-test, turn the speed control on, then press/hold INC button
and then press/hold MODE button simultaneously for 3 seconds.
After 3 seconds, the LEDs will ramp up in sets of three. Circuits
inside the speed control are tested to see if any problems have occurred. If the unit passes self-test the unit will return to run mode.
If problems occur turn the power off to the unit and verify all other
connections are clean/tight/co ect (motor, receiver, battery, plugs,
etc). After verification, power the unit back on.
NOTE: Activating the self-test mode also resets all the userprogra able settings and radio calibration settings to their default
values.
Old 02-05-2012, 11:47 PM   #11

I have tried about 20-25 Self tests/Factory resets,it finds no error at all,it just goes back to normal mode.... But i can try opening the neutral width,and see if something happens...
Old 02-06-2012, 09:32 AM   #12
Pebble Pounder

I spoke to our support guy that emailed you this morning. What is in the rig all together? BEC? Servos? We need to isolate each esc and move forward. Take one esc by itself and re-update the firmware. Once done perform a factory reset. Now plug ONLY the esc into ch2 of your receiver. Power it up, calibrate? Chime?
Randy P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 09:58 AM   #13

It`s now two days since i took out the esc from rig.. Its now hocked up just lying on the table.. The motor is soldered on,its plugged in on ch2,battery is on it,its just like it would be in the rig,only its lying in front of me.... I have upgraded the software,and calibrated it a number of times,with no luck... But i havent updated the firmware,havent found that option anywere either?? hehe....
Old 02-06-2012, 10:01 AM   #14

And there is no bec in this rig,i run 7,4v direct in to my Hitec Hs7950th servo... In my other rig i run 11,1v,so i have a bec there,and same servo... But as i said before,it is now lying on the table,with no servo or nothing hocked up;)

Btw: I haven`t got any Email either...
Old 02-06-2012, 11:52 AM   #15
I wanna be Dave

Have you tried running it off of your steering channel? That will eliminate the radio from the possible causes.
Old 02-06-2012, 12:43 PM   #16

Yepp... Have tried that too,i have even re-calibrated it in ch1 position... Just the same... :/
Old 02-06-2012, 12:55 PM   #17
I wanna be Dave

Yea something is up with the FXR then but you say that it was both of them and one was new in box still right? That would be so strange for two to have the same problem one after a little use and one brand new.
Old 02-06-2012, 01:19 PM   #18

No,it`s not new in box,i have hocked it up in my rig and barley run power thru it.. And like the other one,i have upgraded the software to 3.0.... Today i reinstalled my hotwire on the computer too,just to cross that of the list too... But nothing changed :( Headache is growing Looking forward to see what`s causing this....
Old 02-06-2012, 10:11 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawlhog View Post
i had the same problem with mine, the RX wasnt getting the signal from the radio so i had to reprogram it. hope this helps
This was same problem i was having when i ran into this issue. Any chance your radio lost bind? Im running 2 fxrs in my xr and they both chime up when i turn on the radio. Did you try the other fxr in this same rig or did you try it in your other rig with different rx?
Sheepdawg23wm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 11:45 PM   #20

i have tried both ways,and i have tried 4 different rx,rebinded each one... etc etc...... hehe..

Tekin Fxr.. No power to motor?? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cc bec tekin fxr power switch aej_27 Electronics 9 05-15-2011 01:49 PM
Tekin FXR - Switching power source EHeye Electronics 9 01-02-2009 12:46 AM