Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Epinions on the Futaba - 4PKS 2.4GHz Transmitter & Receiver

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2012, 01:14 AM   #1

Default Epinions on the Futaba - 4PKS 2.4GHz Transmitter & Receiver

Hi
i'v been looking for some new radio gear course i'm sick of running the cheep stuff that came with my crawler & just wanted some Epinions on the Futaba - 4PKS 2.4GHz Transmitter & Receiver are they any good ?

Last edited by moza; 02-13-2012 at 01:40 AM.
moza is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2012, 04:36 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Epinions on the Futaba - 4PKS 2.4GHz Transmitter & Receiver

Yes it is.
What are you running for a rig? The reason for the question is that a 3PM-x or 4PL could also do what you need for less money while still being a Futaba.
There is also the hacked GT3B.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 05:47 AM   #3

i'm running a modded axial scx10 honcho . Its running the axial radio gear an outcry Dual motor esc with bec on a 11.1v li-po (still looking for a better esc set up to run the dual motors) , savox servo with 30/416.6 kg-cm/oz-in of torque , dual holmes hobbies 27t motors with dual Alum 12T 48P Pinion Gears, the standard axial gear box with 86T 48P Alum Spur Gear , 100/145mm & 120/150 punisher shafts , the standard axial axles with hot racing 20mm axle wideners , Axial xr10 Stage 3 Aluminum Hi-Clearance Link Kit , 124mm Gmade ZERO Shocks , 2.2 CNC aluminum beadlocks with Mickey Thompson 2.2 Baja Claws. Sitting on top of all that is an exo caged tamyia hilux shell with lighting system & a rc4wd bulldog 9300XT scale winch. I'm also thinking of adding rear wheel steering soon !

Last edited by moza; 02-13-2012 at 06:45 AM.
Old 02-13-2012, 06:22 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

I would skip the Futaba 3PM-x then. It can do MOA with a WantAmix adaptor, but you would be SOL for the winch and RWS.

I'm a Futaba fan, so I would likely suggest the 4PL, mostly due to price, but the FlySky hacked GT3B seems really good. It is also supported on this forum by LosiKid.
Futaba is supported here by Harley. Maybe read the radio specific threads to see how easy it is to program what you are looking for. Look for "4PL", "4PKS" & "GT3B" in the subject line to find these specific threads.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 11:17 PM   #5

Ok cool thank you very much for that! I will check them out!!

As for the dual motor set up, it is from level3. one motor mount & the two motors bolted to the gear box! the gear box is now cactus after the run i had today , the twin holmes hobbies 27t motors made short work of one of the gears there's not a tooth left on it. lmao

I run my boat on the FlySky GT3B radio gear i don't think it is the hacked version your talking about but that's another reason i'm looking at better radio gear.

I want some thing that will run both crawler & boat plus maybe a Short Course Truck or race buggy down the track with out the jitters that are happening at the moment.

the axial gear isn't to bad course the crawler is only going slow but with the Flysky gear is really noticeable in the boat which makes it really hard to control & that's not a cool thing when it's chime walking across the top of a lake at high speed!!!

Last edited by moza; 02-14-2012 at 12:30 AM.
Old 02-14-2012, 07:47 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by team3six View Post
As far as a radio goes, have you thought about a stick radio. I know quite a few guys who still prefer running stick. They are much cheaper that the popular pistol grips and at times several models have more channels and functions under $200.00 then most pistols on the market.
This right here. I have a 3PK which is still a great radio, I love it to death and will continue to use it till it just refuses to turn on

I too want something with more channels and when it comes to price vs. ch/control options you just cant beat a stick radio. A guy can get a Spektrum DX6i for $200CDN, yeah 6 channels for 200 bux and has more options in it then a 4PK

Last edited by street.terror; 02-14-2012 at 07:53 AM.
street.terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 07:54 AM   #7

I did think of going back to stick for the truck but i'm liking the pistol grips to much !

Extra torque is what i was chasing by running the duel motors as the truck that i have is about 5 to 6 kg with all the gear on it !

I'v been out of the electric car\truck game for many years, i think i'v been running two stroke motors for to long lol!

I'm only just getting back into it now & trying to get back up to speed with what is going on these days & so far every one that i have asked or told including your self has given me some grate advice !

The truck it self is an animal torque wise compired to what it was when i started with it but in saying that if there's a better set up i could be running i'm more then happy to now about it & give it a go. What is The Best set up to run in the truck that i have ???

Epinions on the Futaba - 4PKS 2.4GHz Transmitter & Receiver - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rock Crawler 2.4Ghz 3-Channel Transmitter & Receiver Mudsy Electronics 2 02-15-2009 10:51 AM