Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Another castle bec thread.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2012, 11:03 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Another castle bec thread.

Alright I have a summit with the evx2. I noticed whenever I steered the LEDs would dim so having an extra 10 amp bec I made an inline connection to the battery leads. Tied up the orange wire, and hooked the red into the traxxas 2075 red leads , and the brown into the 2075 black wires. Leaving the white signal leads going into the rx. I never even took off the rx cover and had no batteries connected the entire time. Powered on and my voltmeter does show 5.95 v coming from bec and the green lights on. There's power going into the servos as they twitch if I touch them with the power on but NO fawking steering control. They just sit wherever. I checked 20 times that I didn't sever the white wire and they are clean. Point me into the right direction please. I'm supposed to go trailing in 2.5 hrs. Thanks so much
CrawlinMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2012, 11:07 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Old 02-21-2012, 12:31 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Another castle bec thread.

Might be a dumb question, but are you sure the servo plug is in right at the RX? if you have them turned 180 they will send power, but no signal. just a thought.
punkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 12:48 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Yea. I never took the plugs out of the rx the whole time. I actually finally took and opened up the box making sure they were seated and all that and they were. I went ahead an unconnected the bec and twisted the red and black servo wires that I cut back together. Powered up and works perfect. I measured 5.94 v going into them and that's power from the stock rx. Had no idea it put out 6v. Rushing to get it runnable right now so soldered the servo wires all back where they started and just used the bec for tha LEDs. Sucks that I couldn't get it to work on the servos but the LEDs are nice and steady through the bec @ 6v. I'm running 14 5 mm LEDs total. I will try again another day.
I would still like to figure it out if anyone has some insight.
Old 02-21-2012, 02:31 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Another castle bec thread.

Try getting the ground into the mix too. White and black back to the rx. Some tx/rx's are sensitive to it.
Meatwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 02:34 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatwad View Post
Try getting the ground into the mix too. White and black back to the rx. Some tx/rx's are sensitive to it.
Oh man I was so close to trying that but was afraid of frying something since none of the diagrams in the sticky here showed it. I'll try when I open it all up again

Another castle bec thread. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Castle BEC- review and tech thread JohnRobHolmes Electronics 221 01-03-2011 08:55 PM
Castle BEC & Castle Link - not finding BEC Locked Up Electronics 22 12-20-2007 03:37 PM