Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Electronics help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2015, 10:12 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Electronics help

What is your (experienced) preference? Not in it for the brand so don't need no fan boy help. If anyone has first hand experience shoot some advice plz. Deciding between airtronics mt4 or mt4s (which is better?) and the hitec 4s Lynx and the ko propo ex-2. Got a wireless winch controller so don't plan on using 3rd or 4th channel (maybe down the line I will but for now, tryna keep it simple) looking for ease of use, durability (don't plan on throwing it on the ground but would like it to be robust and able to shake off a few drops and tumbles) and reliability (no glitching) any experienced advice is welcome, thanks!
wsmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-2015, 11:32 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Electronics help

Or do I just stick with my futaba 3pl?
Old 11-09-2015, 12:00 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsmb View Post
Or do I just stick with my futaba 3pl?
I've got a Futaba 3pl and have been perfectly happy with it. I also have a separate winch remote plus a light remote. It would be nice to run everything from the main transmitter so I'm thinking about a hacked FlySky GT3C as a side project.
mikebecher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 02:42 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebecher View Post
I've got a Futaba 3pl and have been perfectly happy with it. I also have a separate winch remote plus a light remote. It would be nice to run everything from the main transmitter so I'm thinking about a hacked FlySky GT3C as a side project.
I mean my 3pl is reliable and rugged. I don't use any of the features besides setting the end points for steering. Just wondering if maybe there was a faster responding, lighter constructed radio. Don't wanna go all out crazy for one of those 500+ radios as I would never use all the features. Wouldn't mind those telemetry sensors and a little less heft to lug around the trails is always nice. Just don't know if I should get a hitec (4s Lynx) or a airtronics (mt-4 or mt-4s) or a ko propo (would get the ex2, like the fact if I ever decided to start using the extra functions and would like to upgrade again. I could always just upgrade it to a ex1 instead of having to buy a whole new radio) does anyone have some good personal experiences with any of these radios? Let me know which way to go, loll or feel free to say I'm being greedy and just want something new and the 3pl is fine.
Old 11-09-2015, 09:33 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Ok so I narrowed it to the hitec 4s Lynx radio or the airtronics mt-4 (don't think i need the mt-4s) anyone have experience with either or both? The mt-4 is a little cheaper but I don't wanna cheap out 50 bucks for something that's a lot worse. Please pass on some knowledge! Thanks guys
Old 11-09-2015, 05:50 PM   #6
Got Worms?

You are never going to notice the response time difference.
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 10:48 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by losikid View Post
You are never going to notice the response time difference.
I understand, that's what I been reading over an over researching the radios. But I'm not in it for outright speed. Otherwise I'd be looking at the mt-4s over the mt-4 and the 2 channel hitec Lynx specifically (even when I look for servos I rarely look for speed if ever. I move slow across the rocks ) I'm looking more for durability, comfort and ease of us (menus, inputs and etc) customer service would be a bonus of course. I think ima go with the mt-4 tho
Old 11-09-2015, 11:48 PM   #8

I have had a mt 4 and sold it because I got my m11x back. (Racing 1/8th scale off-road) i ordered another mt4 for my crawler. I love airtronics radios. I've never used a hitech radio so I can't tell you much about it. But mt4 is a great radio and I think you'll be happy with it.
Bgreene2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 12:30 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgreene2 View Post
I have had a mt 4 and sold it because I got my m11x back. (Racing 1/8th scale off-road) i ordered another mt4 for my crawler. I love airtronics radios. I've never used a hitech radio so I can't tell you much about it. But mt4 is a great radio and I think you'll be happy with it.
Thank you sir, the few scalers I know have had nothing but great things to say about the mt-4. So ima be putting a order in for the mt-4 as we speak.
Old 11-12-2015, 07:54 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Got a killer deal on a mt-4s (figured I wouldn't ever use the telemetry and the price) brand new unopened and shipped for 240 flat. Couldn't pass on that. Just the feeling of the radio in my hand feels so much better then my futaba (granted its a 100 dollar futaba vs a 200 dollar airtronics) maybe it's the new purchase syndrome or my mind tryna justify a purchase that pretty much wasn't neccessary for the way I use my radios but it feels so much more balanced and comfortable. I think from that perspective alone the switch was worth it. And I haven't even turned the radio on
Old 11-12-2015, 09:23 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

You made the right choice! Specially for the price!!!!!

IMO.. You Will notice the difference, in speed..
The MT4 puts your Thoughts to the ground faster then any radio I have ran..
When that split second in correcting your steering, before you hit a gate counts.. It's there!

I run 1.9, 2.2p, 2.2s, C1, C2, C3, and a Super (soon) with mine.. Plus a rally car and a mini summit, at one point..
Hopefully a Blizzard this winter..
The Lever, is AWESOME!
I run Moa, a winch, 2 speed shifter, and 4ws off of it.. (Different rigs)

Durability/feel/quality..
In hand, it feels Great! Not cheap or bulky. The menu screen is a sinch to navigate..
No antenna to break off. I carry it around by the "antenna" all the time! Lol..
Durability, to no end. Drops, bang's, rain, snow.. Over 2 yrs.. Still working like day 1. Tho, it doesn't look it! Not on the back anyways. Lol..

I have a MT4s as well.. Its still in the box.. I like that my lever is broke in and the detent is worn out.
But I stole my mt4s from fleeBay as well.. 165$ shipped! NIP! For that price, it can sit in the box for another year.. Lol..

Last edited by winnerone23; 11-12-2015 at 09:25 PM. Reason: Oh yeah.. I'm a "fan boy"... When something works, it works!
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 09:48 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Whaaaaa your price was way better then mine! Hahaha and I thought I got away with highway robbery. You stuck up the whole bank with that price. Honestly I won't even use all the features, my winch is run off the wireless fob rc4wd provides with their wireless set up and I'm not handy enough to rig it all up to my radio. Following the basic instructions makes my life easier. But the ease of menu use was one of the big selling points for me. The 3pl with its limited screen size confused the shit out of me. Can't wait to give it a whirl when I take the rig out for a shakedown run before our little friendly scale "comp" the bonus just happens to be the ergonomics of the controller and durability is always nice, but I must admit my 3pl has taken a few tumbles cuz of me and came out the other end like a champ. So as long as it can be as durable (if it's more durable, it'll just be a bonus) I feel like ima bond with this radio. Lolll might be a converted airtronics user for life
Old 11-12-2015, 10:01 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

You can even further your enjoyment, of feel in hand, with the use of different size/weight 2s lipo's..

I found I like a nanotech 1300mah 2s..
But I haven't tried the 1850mah that fits..

I think it would be too heavy for my liking and make the bottom of the remote feel like a anchor.

The 1000mah was too light and made it feel, to heavy..
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Electronics help - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
lowering the body and the electronics getting the electronics in a waterproof box m1009cucv Axial SCX-10 15 10-01-2011 07:45 PM
help with electronics!!! crawlercrazed Electronics 10 12-20-2008 12:45 AM
new electronics SCORPIAN670 General Scale Talk 0 09-24-2008 04:43 PM
help with electronics welder23 General Crawlers 6 06-05-2007 11:04 PM
HELP!!! I need you help with electronics 007KRAWLER Electronics 7 11-03-2006 10:56 AM