Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Mamba Max pro problems, stalls on hills and rolls backwards and locks up!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2012, 03:06 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Mamba Max pro problems, stalls on hills and rolls backwards and locks up!

Hey guys,

I installed a Mamba Max Pro and 17.5 Novak ballistic motor in my wraith. I put this in the Wraith section however it is more Electronic related than anything. What happens is, when the wraith is on an incline it begins rolling backwards and when it does, I cannot get the throttle to engage, not until it completly stops. Once the rig stops then it will go forward, so basically if it was rolling down a hill backwards I couldnt get it to stop. It has some stalling issues as well and it seems I have a big delay between forward and reverse. I have a field programmer and a castle link for programming. Any help would be awesome!!!!!!!

Thanks,

LIK
OFFROADRCKOREA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2012, 05:33 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Mamba Max pro problems, stalls on hills and rolls backwards and locks up!

Did you calibrate the ESC to the RX?
Do you have drag brake set?

Check out page 22.... http://www.castlecreations.com/suppo...s_ed_guide.pdf it describes your reverse delay.

Add brake & drag brake to fix the delay issue.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 08:29 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Mamba Max pro problems, stalls on hills and rolls backwards and locks up!

Ya, after hours of trial and error I have resolved the problem which some say couldnt be done. My Wraith now crawls like my XR10, ok not that good but damn good with very very little hill stall. If someone has this issue and needs it resolved throw me a PM or I will post the fix and settings on my MMP a little later today. It crawls awesome now using the MMP and 17.5 ballistic motor.

LIK
OFFROADRCKOREA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 10:24 PM   #4

So, how'd you set up the MMP? Mine is in crawler mode with the drag brake set at 213 and when it goes to neutral position, it will the lock the drivetrain and then start rolling slowly back down the hill. My brake is set at 100%, do i really need the brake if the drag brake is set so high? Are they canceling each other out once my rig comes to a stop?

Any thoughts welcome, thanks
SkippyG22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Mamba Max pro problems, stalls on hills and rolls backwards and locks up! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mamba Max Pro Problems fa1rch1ld Electronics 76 08-15-2010 05:14 PM
Rooster Crawler (rolls backwards on climbs) Harvo Electronics 9 07-06-2008 09:06 PM