Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Did I break my BRXL? The red light flashes and it keeps on beepin on me :(

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2012, 11:31 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Did I break my BRXL? The red light flashes and it keeps on beepin on me :(

It won't power on either of 3 known good receivers, and upon being connected to a battery (one of 3 known good batteries) it just blinks the red light very fast and makes the motor go beep beep beep beep endlessly. It does this regardless of whether or not it's plugged into a receiver or whether the transmitter is turned on. Is this some broken internal BEC stuff or is the ESC toast?
opek is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2012, 11:35 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Did I break my BRXL? The red light flashes and it keeps on beepin on me :(

The only time I've killed a BRXL....it just did nothing when I plugged it in (other than fry my batteries). Have you tried plugging it into the Castle Link to see if it recognizes the ESC?
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 11:43 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Did I break my BRXL? The red light flashes and it keeps on beepin on me :(

I really should go buy a link. My poor servo wants more power and now I have another reason.
Old 03-02-2012, 11:47 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Yes....they are quite helpful. You'll get a LOT more out of that BRXL with the Castle Link. The Holmes Hold is simply amazing.
Old 03-02-2012, 01:08 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Sounds like you havent properly connected the Receivers to the BR-XL. I believe mine did that when I messed up the connection process.

x2 on that Castle Link. I dont have one, and its nearly impossible to program the BR-XL without one.
AG74683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 01:34 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by opek View Post
It won't power on either of 3 known good receivers, and upon being connected to a battery (one of 3 known good batteries) it just blinks the red light very fast and makes the motor go beep beep beep beep endlessly. It does this regardless of whether or not it's plugged into a receiver or whether the transmitter is turned on. Is this some broken internal BEC stuff or is the ESC toast?
Sounds like it needs recalibrating....CC ESC FAQ..... (near bottom).... Castle Creations | FAQ: 1/10th Scale Products
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 03:17 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Yep, that's how mine acted when I put it in a new rig and it needed calibrating. Power on with trigger pulled until it beeps a lot, then full reverse till it beeps a lot, then return to neutral till it beeps, then quiets down... I'd follow the instructions, but it goes something like that
schiesz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 02:09 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
The only time I've killed a BRXL....it just did nothing when I plugged it in (other than fry my batteries). Have you tried plugging it into the Castle Link to see if it recognizes the ESC?
It does not recognize the ESC. I have tried almost every available device from the pull down menu. I guess the next step is to bypass the internal BEC and run the rx on it's own power source?
Old 03-03-2012, 03:57 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

The power wire from the ESC was disconnected. Thanks everyone for your time, information, and consideration!
Old 03-03-2012, 04:47 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by opek View Post
The power wire from the ESC was disconnected. Thanks everyone for your time, information, and consideration!
Which power wire? The one for the on/off switch?
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 06:03 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie-III View Post
The one for the on/off switch?
TEDROCKZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 06:08 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

Quote:
You'd think I'd pull out a multimeter earlier!
Old 03-03-2012, 06:12 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
i'm guessing the + wire on the rx plug since last i knew the hh brxl doesn't have an on/off switch
benoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 09:54 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Pssst...they don't have a switch.

Did I break my BRXL? The red light flashes and it keeps on beepin on me :( - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Red light cameras are EVERYWHERE! 505tj Chit Chat 6 02-01-2012 09:15 AM
Melted a BRXL and it made pretty RED smoke Jslick Electronics 24 07-23-2011 06:16 AM
red light in forward keithgemmill Electronics 5 09-29-2010 03:04 PM
Red Light Syndrome TC09mini Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 10 09-09-2009 01:37 PM
red rock knobs break off? tjarr001 Tires and Wheels 7 04-19-2007 07:02 PM